IPhone 4 "STAND" Case suggestions?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by eyeseeyou, Sep 25, 2011.

1. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

I'm looking for a slider type case but also with a kick stand built in.

Anyone see one of these?

I actually would be extremely interested in a backplate replacement with a kickstand built in similar to the stock backplate on the evo.

Any suggestions?

2. honney3211 macrumors newbie

I think this Amass iphone 4 case bracket to protect sets is what you are looking for.

Attached Files:

3. eyeseeyou thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks for the reply. I was actually looking more for a incase slider type case that had a kickstand. This is however the nicest snap on/kickstand case I've ever seen.

My only issue with this type of case is the extreme lack of protection. I actually used to use a cheap version of what you posted. The rare time I dropped my phone it happened to land on the bottom edge that isn't protected.

4. eyeseeyou thread starter macrumors 68000

Actually if the designer of that case could've moved the kickstand closer to the bottom, similar to incases kickstand case I'd still consider it. That way you could use to watch movies or for FaceTime.

5. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

Verizon sells a very good case/holster combo for the iPhones - minimal case for the iPhone itself and an outstanding holster with a rotating clip, which becomes a stand.

I absolutely LOVE the holster - it's thin, lightweight, can be horizontal or vertical, and the clip/stand is super useful. I've found other cases for the iPhone that fit into the holster, if they aren't too thick.

Currently, I use a clear acrylic case that covers back, sides and corners, but not top and bottom. It slips smoothly into the holster, which makes such a useful combination that I often turn the iPhone around and carry it around in the holster face-out (when the screen isn't in a dangerous place.)

6. eyeseeyou thread starter macrumors 68000

7. eyeseeyou thread starter macrumors 68000

Ended up getting the incase snap stand case. Well designed stand but barely any protection.
    Well see how long thus lasts.

8. eyeseeyou thread starter macrumors 68000

incase snap stand was poorly made. The stand broke because of the cheap tabs that hold the stand part in place.

9. Sinclac macrumors newbie

This is a great case/holster
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VN09LM

----------

This is a great case/holster
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VN09LM

I have had it on my last 4 phones.

10. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

11. eyeseeyou thread starter macrumors 68000

12. titusdrake macrumors newbie

I myself looked heartily for a case stand, the best looking one was the "iChair" but the guy that made them like gave up, so thoseare no more. I suggest the Marware one

http://www.marware.com/iphone-cases/iphone-4s-cases/sportshell-convertible-iphone-4-4s-case

this case looks terrific.

or the "Incipio Kickstand" looks second best to me.
    the Candyshell View looks decent too.

what im waiting for is an Otterbox Reflex with a stand...

13. ProMed12 macrumors member

The iChair appears to still be available on their website, but looks kind of cheap imo.

goichair.com

14. psywzrd macrumors 68030

You may want to check out ZeroChroma.com. They make what I think is the best case/stand combination; however, it's not the most protective case in the world. If you can wait 2 or 3 weeks though, they're supposed to be coming out with a new case with the same awesome stand but that's also more protective (not open on the top and bottom like the current case they have). That's the case I'm waiting on. I do have the ZeroChroma Teatro right now and the stand is simply amazing - so versatile and sturdy. I don't like that the case doesn't protect the top and bottom of the phone though, so that's why I'm anxiously awaiting the new case they're coming out with. It should be out by mid-November hopefully.

15. Tetelestai macrumors newbie

16. eyeseeyou thread starter macrumors 68000

Ended up getting a white "eBay" version.

So far i like it. No exactly the incase slider/kickstand case was looking for but I like how it can do portrait or landscape.

17. ProMed12 macrumors member

link?

18. eyeseeyou thread starter macrumors 68000

Agreed