iPhone 4 started making a sizzling or crackling noise while it was on standby

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BobbyDigital, Jul 24, 2010.

1. BobbyDigital macrumors member

Tonight I was laying on the couch watching a movie and I had my iPhone on my lap. I heard a scratching sort of noise... I thought it was one of my dogs under the couch playing, but then I leaned forward and noticed the sound was coming from my iPhone 4. I picked it up, and it felt strange... it's hard to describe. It felt like it was prickly in my hand... I could feel the crackles. I was sorta scared that it would blow up or something, so I set it in the middle of the floor... but the sound wouldn't stop, so I quickly shut it off.

It's been about an hour. I just turned it back on, and the crackling noise happened for about 3 seconds, then it started up normally. I'm definitely not feeling safe not knowing what it is... has this happened to anyone else?

EDIT: Let me just make it clear that my phone was on standby and I had not even touched it for about 40 minutes before this started happening.

2. JosephEsquivel macrumors regular

mine makes a weird noise for about 10 seconds whenever its in standby and it makes a noise, like getting a text or email, and when i put it in standby