iPhone 4 STILL has biggest antenna issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snoopy07, Jul 31, 2010.

1. snoopy07 macrumors member

The iPhone 4 has been confirmed as the worst handset affected by antenna-gate
    Published on Jul 31, 2010

Research carried out by the PA Consulting Group has shown that, despite Apple's vehement disagreement, its iPhone 4 is the handset most affected by 'death-grip'.

Tests carried out by the London based management consultants have proven that the iPhone 4 is the worst affected by the much publicised 'death-grip' antenna problem.

The research was carried out across a variety of situations incorporating various grips, network providers and with and without various after-market cases and bumpers and concluded that the problem was eminently more present in the iPhone 4 than any of it's smartphone brethren.

"In the majority of the tests PA’s wireless technologists found the iPhone 4’s performance was in the same range as the other smartphones tested (Blackberry 9700, HTC HD2), but it was consistently at the lower end of that range. And, as found by other testers, when used in the “death grip”, the iPhone4’s performance was significantly worse than other smartphones."

So, Mr Jobs and co may have a small point. Indeed, all comparable smartphones do suffer from some attenuation, but not to the degree that their million dollar baby does.

Time for some apologies?

source: http://www.knowyourmobile.com/blog/552022/iphone_4_still_has_biggest_antenna_issue.html

2. Stein357 macrumors 6502

3. Phi4sius macrumors newbie

I just got my iPhone 4 yesterday. No dropped calls so far, and the sound quality with calls has been awesome. No reception issues detected during calls either. Best sounding cell phone I've ever had.

4. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Rancid Troll!

No apologies needed except by OP for trolling.

5. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

6. firewood macrumors 604

You must be joking.

Does Ferrari apologize for their relatively low MPG? Does Toyota apologize for the Prius's relatively poor 0-100 performance?

Pick your desired trade-off.

"If you don't like it, don't buy it."

7. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I got my iPhone on July 29 - no antenna issues! I had to get it replaced though and my new one has antenna issues. :(

8. ZipZap macrumors 601

Stupid analogy....

The difference is the performance stats for the prius are available before you buy so you can make an informed decision. They are disclosed.

Fanboys here should stop looking for reasons to justify Apple's failure to communicate with customers, disclose and address the antenna issue.

Fact, the antenna design is seriously affected by gripping the phone.
    Fact, apple knows there is a design flaw
    Fact, apple is in damage control to minimize the cost of this fiasco

All I want to know is when will iphones hit the stores that no longer have the issue.

That seems reasonable....but to tell us means that they admit the flaw and face millions of potential returns/exchanges.

So instead, the drag other makers into the mix to obviscate the situation.

Typical Apple.

In the end, the best indicator we will have that the problem is fixed is the end of the free case/bumper give-away.

9. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Really ? Who cares move on- don't buy one if you don't like it go back to the droid or the Palm. As an investor I thank jobs everyday....

10. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I really thought that we would be past this by now. This is a thread that should have been (and probably was dozens of times) posted 3 weeks ago, just move on already.