iPhone 4 Still on Backorder....Why?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Resist, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

So here we are almost into September and you still can't walk into an Apple store or anywhere else, and buy an iPhone 4 off the shelf. They are still back ordered everywhere. I don't remember supplies being this low for this long with the other iPhone releases. It's not like the demand is that huge anymore. Is there some reason why the supply is still low?

2. draz macrumors 6502a

Because Apple is still releasing the device around the world so they need stock too.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I guess the demand is pretty high still if they cant keep any of them in stock still....

4. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Well when places only get a few iPhone 4's in at a time, I wouldn't say the demand is still high. My issue is with their short supply to stores. I don't understand it.

And as for Apple releasing them world wide, maybe they should take care of us here at home first before caring about the rest of the world.

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Don't know where you are, but on a whim we walked into a typically busy Apple store in the heart of Denver a week ago and walked out with 2 iPhone 4 32GB models. Took all of about twenty minutes, no reservations since the stores aren't taking any. That was on a Saturday (no shipments arriving) and late in the afternoon, so those phones had been in stock for more than a day. And they still had more available, according to the employee who helped us.

Apple usually ships well ahead of the dates listed on their site; my own shipped almost two weeks ahead of schedule. But it's worth making some phone calls if you don't want to wait. Our local store was happy to tell me what time of day their shipments usually came in when we were waiting on an iPad, and even suggested that I call after that time each day to see if they had what I wanted in stock yet.

6. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

What!!!? I have called our Apple store, AT&T and Best Buy. None have any in stock.

I'm living in the wrong part of the country. :mad:

7. mikeee macrumors regular

they got china workers working a 36 hr shift. give them a break.

8. db67fm macrumors regular

db67fm

There are 6 Apple stores about 30 minutes from where I live. I was looking for a iPhone 4 for my wife last week so I called all 6 looking for a 16 gb.

All 6 stores had 32 gb in stock and 3 stores had 16 gb & 32 gb iPhone 4s in stock.

9. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Are you freaking kidding me? I hate my town!

10. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

After reading the replies on this thread I decided to call my local Apple store again. This time they had plenty in stock, so I rushed down there and bought myself a 32GB iPhone 4.....finally! Not pleased about having to pay the tax on the unsubsidized price, I can thank my State for that, but at least I finally have an iPhone 4. Dropped by Best Buy and picked up an Incase Slider case, really like this case so far because of its minimal design yet has lip coverage for the front screen. I will probably get the Apple Bumper as my free case.