iPhone 4 Stock On Hold?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by krUnIzZlE, Jun 30, 2010.

1. krUnIzZlE macrumors regular

Well, I Am in india, But my dad is in the Boston, MA/ New Hampshire area and i told him to get me a iphone, so my dad went to a AT&T store (Not sure which one) and he was told that they are out of stock and they are NOT going to recieve stock because of the antenna problem. I just got off the phone with my dad and this is what he told me. Im pretty sure my dads not lieing to me but maybe someone else can try?

P.S. DONT bull***** me with the "Show Proof or it didn't happen. Either believe me or don't, and don't flame with BS, i only posted my experience.

2. themadrussian macrumors regular

I believe you, but if there is one group of people that I do not believe (and you shouldn't either), it's AT&T customer service representatives (CSRs) and store employees. They are told essentially nothing by their managers (who are in turn told nothing by the higher-ups at AT&T) and so are very prone to telling you things that are completely untrue or unverified.

Take anything a CSR or store employee (yes, even Apple Store employees) tells you with a very large grain of salt.

3. army91c macrumors 6502a

Wow a new guy with an "issue", what a surprise!

4. kilidar macrumors member

I don't have an ip4, if the antenna problem really exists and it is in fact a hardware problem then they have to stop selling it sooner rather than later. In the uk ip4 is selling out in the shops, u can still order on the websites and people carrying them in the streets with no bumpers.

5. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

yea thats true. but my dad said that "they stopped stocking because of the antenna issue and are not going to stock them."
    So i have to wait. although i was going to wait anyways till the problem gets solved..

P.S. army91c, I dont have problems, i just hate bieng flamed for my personal experience. thats all.

6. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

Also, i just wanted to add, that if some people can go to a AT&T store/Apple store and see if they still selling and if there gonna be getitng new stock soon????

7. iphoneguy123 macrumors regular

People who have problems come to post about them, genius.

Well, scratch that. Clearly you are well below the "genius" level, LOL.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I just got one from an AT&T store yesterday. This was the second shipment they got for this week. They can’t sell them fast enough. Is there any reason you Dad might not want to get the iPhone for you and thus makeup some story to tell you?

BTW, your OP sounds like you’ve had problems with members on here. Learn to use the ignore button. It works magic on stuff like that.

9. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

Actually, i was joking with him saying i wanted one and he asked me seriously if i wanted one so i said sure, ill get the 16GB, but he tells me "Its only $100 more, ill get you the 32GB" so i doubt he's making any stories... He said he will send it to me ASAP. so i think theres something going on, not sure... :rolleyes:

Edit: i havent had any problems yet.. but i am registered on many many forums and have alot of experience and there are some n00bs that like to make stupid remarks as above so i simple just warned that its only my personal experience and nothing else. :)

10. raremage macrumors 6502a

Ordered one for my wife to add to our plan today. At the AT&T store. No hold, delivery window is early-mid July.

I'm going to have to say that either the store rep is full of crap, your "dad" is full of crap, or you are.

11. ChrisJSNh macrumors regular

not sure on the out of stock reason, but i think if you are in india, you wold have a bigger problem. Last i knew (i could be wrong), there is no unlock yet for the iphone 4.
    So since the ones in the usa are locked at&t ,, you could be stuck with a phone you couldnt use there

12. dischNoutTAspd macrumors regular

so harsh

13. dischNoutTAspd macrumors regular

harsh

14. animenick65 macrumors 6502

This seems like a possibility. All Apple stores I call have a 3 week wait, even for priority lists.

15. phearx macrumors regular

My mama said...

Attached Files:

16. koruki macrumors 6502a

koruki

been out

http://www.iphoneheat.com/2010/06/unlock-for-iphone-4-ios-4-baseband-05-13-03/

17. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

well, m not lieing and if my dad didnt wanna buy me a iphone then he would've simply said no to my face that he wont buy. But i guess we can wait and watch and see what happens.

@ChrisJSNh- I would be unlocking it. But im tryin to get one from the europe side since they are factory unlocked and all. but my chances are really low so i will get one from USA. And the reason I'm not rushing it is because im waiting for the unlock and for the issues to be resolved out.. If not the iphone, then ill go for the Nokia N8... Since i already got a Nokia 5800 and "i can hold my phone the way I want :) :p

18. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

Seriously, seriously doubt that apple has put a hold on orders.

19. Bosep macrumors regular

they are starting to send out the 2nd july orders now, which is probably up to 1 million orders.. The only reason ur ATT is out is because apple is out :p

20. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

Prove it, or the discussion never took place.

21. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

You'll be waiting a long time for a re-design then, because that aint' happening overnight :rolleyes:

22. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

I dont want a re-design and dont mind if there is or isnt. but if there is a software update for the iphone that FIXES the reception issues then im a happy camper. i love apple. but im not to the extent that ill kiss apple's ass no matter what happens. I've had the 2G iPhone and i loved it. Now its time for the real iphone...but without the small nag's... :apple:

23. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

So they put stocks on hold for a software update :confused:
    That wouldn't even make sense.

I'm sticking to not believing this.

24. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

Who said anything about a software update??????:confused::confused:

the only thing you got from steve jobs was "your holding it wrong" and "stay tuned"

25. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

What?! You just did...