iPhone 4 stuck at black screen after tethered boot

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Knifey-Spoony, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Knifey-Spoony macrumors member

Basically my iPhone 4 is pretty much having the same issue as this iPod Touch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_91yEGFDozM

I was attempting to downgrade from iOS 5 with the help of redsn0w and TinyUmbrella. Unfortunately now my iPhone 4 is stuck at this blackscreen when I perform a tethered boot. If I don't perform a tethered boot, iTunes will just recognize the device as in recovery or dfu mode. When I perform a tethered boot iTunes will recognize it as in 4.3.5, when I try to update it to 5.0, I get the 1600 error. If I attempt to call my iPhone, it will ring but obviously I can not slide it to answer it nor will the screen work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

2. Knifey-Spoony thread starter macrumors member

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Can you do a hard reboot? Press & hold power button & home button at the same time for about 10 - 15 seconds. Release both and power it up normally.

4. Knifey-Spoony thread starter macrumors member

I can do that but the screen is still black and I have to tether boot again. :confused:

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If that the case, it either the LCD bad or the LCD connection to the logic board is not connecting correctly.

6. Knifey-Spoony thread starter macrumors member

Weird because the last time I used it, the screen was working fine, and I haven't dropped it since.