iPhone 4 stuck at the boot logo

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by feelings, Mar 17, 2011.

1. feelings macrumors newbie

Hi everyone! I have a jailbroken iphone 4 (4.2.1) and today I downloaded swirlymms. Now my phone is stuck at the bootlogo. Any help guys?

2. skywalkerkai macrumors newbie

I have experience before like u. U can try hold the sleep and home button around 7-8 seconds. It will auto reset the iphone. I try tis many times before i start my iphone again.

3. feelings thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried that multiple times. It doesn't work. Anybody know how to SSH into the device. I have ifunbox and it does recognizes the iPhone.

4. iSago macrumors newbie

The same thing has happened to me... Have you figured anything out?

5. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

And that's why you shouldn't jailbreak your iPhone.

6. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

what have you tried? What were you doing? Were you trying to restore it? what firmware are you on? are you jailbroken? is this an iP4?

7. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

what does this have to do with the original problem?

Thousands of people jailbreak without this issue. your statement hold no value.

8. iSago macrumors newbie

I have an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.1. I downloaded SwirlyMMS from xsellize on Cydia and it asked me to reboot my phone. I did so, and it is stuck on the boot logo. I am not sure what to even start doing...

9. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

when you plug it into the computer, does the computer recognize it? Maybe you will have to SSH into the iPhone and delete the app.

10. iSago macrumors newbie

It doesn't seem to be recognizing it. I have Cyberduck and I tried to connect but can't because I don't have the WiFi IP for the iPhone... I think I have a previous one saved somewhere, hold on, let me go look for it.

11. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

I've not encountered this problem. Maybe another member will be on later this morning with a def answer. You may have to do a reset of the phone. :(

That would pretty much suck to have to do that after the install of one app.

12. iSago macrumors newbie

D': So much time spent on Pokemon! All of it wasted! Charizard!!!

13. iSago macrumors newbie

I got it on recovery mode, is that any help? At least iTunes recognizes it now...

14. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

yeah, at least now you're making progress. I'd just end up doing a restore.

15. kuchiki1o macrumors newbie

well i'm the same with his problem i'm stuck too at the iphone logo..what i did is turn it into DFU mode then itunes will come up and if there's a message pop out just click ok then click restore..i jailbroke my iphone last saturday and when i turn it off the iphone won't disappear i waited for 1 hour but nothings happen..i need to use redsnow so i can use again..just restore it itunes..just turn it into DFU mode

16. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

I had the same problem and tried Recboot with no avail. After a day of reboots into DFU mode! I just did a restore to 4.3.1 and used TinyUmbrella to keep BB 01.59.00 and then used redsn0w to jailbreak.