iPhone 4 stuck in boot loop. Third time in less than a week.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Bandolier, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

iPhone 4 on 4.1 jailbroken with limera1n, no unlock.

This is the third time I've been stuck at the Apple logo this week. I've already restored twice and I'm looking for alternatives because I don't want to REREinstall 214 apps and 73 Cydia tweaks.

Tiny Umbrella kicking out of recovery does not work, it just goes into a boot loop again. It's not a tethered jailbreak, either.

2. derek420 macrumors member

It sounds like its a tweak that may be causing the issues [or at least that's my guess] and if you have 73 tweaks installed, its possible one of them is a bad apple/aren't playing nice together.

3. Bandolier thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is there anyone out there who can read my verbose boot and tell me what the eff is going on?

4. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Did you recently update the MobileSubstrate package? My i4 w/ the exact same configuration went in to an unrecoverable bootloop after that.

Full restore w/ SHSH was my only solution and then slowly applying all 74 tweaks one by one to weed out the culprit, I'm sure it was the MS though 'cause it bombed out after the update/reboot

5. Bandolier thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I did actually. I updated and as soon as I rebooted I was stuck (the first time)

6. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Well then, there you go. The weird thing is that I haven't seen many with the same issue after updating MS. I was silly enough to accept the update while waiting for the luggage at the airport, having had spent 2 weeks in Egypt with the family. All my photos vanished... :mad:

7. Bandolier thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't remember the svn version for the older Mobile Substrate to download that instead.

8. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Previous one was 0.9.3366 but 3367 contains a vital update so I would still try the newer one once more... just for kicks =)

9. Bandolier thread starter macrumors 6502a

Vital update? Force a boot loop if iPhone is rebooted?

10. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

That's just a feature

@saurik Jay Freeman (saurik)
    Until Substrate 0.9.3367, if an extension had a corrupt plist, it could get loaded into "everything", which with 0.9.3366 included lockdown.

11. Bandolier thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't understand how that post relates to this. According to that, the phone SHOULDN'T go into a boot loop.

And...how is making my iPhone completely unusable a feature?

12. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

The update to the MobileSubstrate should of course mean we all get a better experience of the JBed device, for some, including you and me it hasn't. Yet.

Again, my recommendation would be to Restore back to 4.1 w/ SHSH blobs. Update core Cydia components right after the JB. I would be very surprised to see a bootloop right after that, then proceed to install your tweaks, either one by one or if you've used PkgBackup in one go.

13. Bandolier thread starter macrumors 6502a

14. mamema macrumors regular

could it be in any case that you have quickdo former called mQuickdo running?

15. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

16. Bandolier thread starter macrumors 6502a

17. Bandolier thread starter macrumors 6502a

Resetting stuff in the Reset part of Settings will cause a boot loop.

Also, rebooting sometimes starts boot loops. I have no idea what Cydia conflicts are causing it.

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

73 Cydia packages?
    No wonder, next time you restore install 200 addons and maybe it will work smoother:rolleyes: