iPhone 4 stuck in DFU loop! Please help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ZCherub, Aug 24, 2011.

1. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

I was attempting to update from 4.1 firmware to 4.3.3 firmware this evening. I started TU, and went through the process with the TSS server running. I got an error, and the phone stayed in DFU mode.

I've tried going back to 4.1 without success (SHSH's were saved). I tried updating to 4.3.5 or whatever the latest one is with no TU, etc. Just a straight update through iTunes. Still get an error & back to recover mode...

I've tried to do the recovery fix - it seems to work. My iPhone get's that wall o' text on boot up, but it just stays that way. Do I need to wait more than 5-10 mins on this screen?

I'm really stuck, and would appreciate any help you can give as I am currently without a phone now!

Thank you in advance!!

2. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Got it to work. Used the two recovery fix tools & got it back to stock 4.1 w/out JB. Still have 1.59 BB, though.

My attempts to install 4.3.3 didn't work, but maybe it would have if I'd kept trying to install that FW?

I'm left confused, a bit frustrated, but mostly glad I have a functional phone again... I'd really like to go back & JB, though... Anyone have any clue where I went wrong this go-round? Thanks again!!