Iphone 4 stuck in DFU mode during Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by saqali, Sep 14, 2011.

1. saqali macrumors newbie

Hi, I had a jailbroken Iphone 4 IOS 4.0.1 (8A306). For some reason I decided to upgrade it to 4.3.3 using Sn0wbreeze. During the final stages of restoring in Itunes, the Iphone got stuck with a black screen (DFU).

When I made subsequent attempts, I kept on getting Itune error 3194. So I tried fixing it using TU and then it gives me error 1600.

I have spent the last 3 days trying everything and even used Redsn0w (which seems to be working but then keeps dropping at the rebooting stage). I have also used Ifaith (to get me out of DFU), FixRecovery, IREB to fix the problems but no luck at all.

Additionally, I have tried downloading my SHSH using TU from Cydia using me ECID. And currently TU shows that I have SHSH for a few IOS including 4.2.1 and 4.0.1.

I am really feeling desperate as I feel I have tried everything and read almost a hundred posts in the last 3 days. So any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

2. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

you can't go back to an ipsw that you don't have shsh blobs for. get the device into Pwnd DFU mode using iReb or redsn0w. then restore to 4.2.1 since you have shsh saved for that firmware version. using pwnage tool or sn0wbreeze create a custom ipsw and the restore from it.

3. saqali thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I tried these steps but still got error 1600. Also tried it on Mac and keep getting the same error.

4. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

what ipsw are to trying to revert to? what are you using?

5. saqali thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried it a few times with 4.2.1_8C148 using Sn0wbreeze 2.21.

If I run the Itunes restore normally, it throws error 3194 and if I change host file to redirect to Cydia server (74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com) or use TU, then it gives error 1600.

I have also tried with Redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc15 with ispw 4.2.1 but it goes half way when some data shows on the Iphone screen and then goes black again. Redsn0w with 4.3.3 goes further (Pineapple image) but crashes at the point when the progress bar says 'Rebooting'.

I ran iFaith-v1.3.2 and it runs some data on the Iphone screen showing that the version is 4.3.3.

TU (using manual ECID) shows the following SHSH:

iPhone4 4.0.1 (8A306)
    iPhone4 4.0.2 (8A400)
    iPhone4 4.1 (8B117)
    iPhone4 4.2.1 (8C148)
    iPhone4 4.2b3 (8C5115c)
    iPhone4 4.3.5 (8L1)

Thanks for your help!

6. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

While it looks like you've tried quite a bit, give iRecovery a try. Also, when I'm stuck in DFU mode I like to switch operating systems periodically, I've found I've had better luck getting it out of recovery mode in Windows when the problem was caused on by an OSX program.

7. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

ok nowhere in your posts i have heard you say anything about putting your device into pwnd DFU mode before trying to restore, and that is the most important step.

8. saqali thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Taylorwilsdon!!! Your suggestion seems to have worked for me. Irecovery gave some errors so not sure if that helped but the usblib file installation seems to have got rid of the 1600 error and led to a successful restore. cheers :)

9. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Glad you got it working! A good rule of thumb is that you shouldn't try restoring to firmwares you don't have SHSH for, with the exception of 4.1 for the iPhone 3Gs which is still being signed. :)

10. posSeIDon macrumors newbie

jailbreak stuck in rebooting! HELP!!!

ı'm jailbreaking my iphone 3g and it stuck in rebooting. :(