Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bc03productions

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
I recently purchased an Iphone 4 Verizon 8gb from ebay so I do not have any shs blobs and I am not sure what ios it is running on. The iphones water damage indicators have not been activated. The phones screen is off and when I plug it into a computer it automatically is recognized as being in recovery mode. If I try to do a restore I get error 3164. If I put the phone in DFU mode and try to do a restore through itunes the screen will get to the apple symbol with the loading bar and itunes gets stuck on waiting for iphone. I have edited the hosts file in system32 to remove 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com. and tried restoring with the same results. I have used TinyUmbrealla to try and fix recovery and that results in the screen sometimes turning white and other times I get text that states "Unable to find gBdevList Unable to find fs_mount Unable to find fs_unmount Unable to find fs_load _file Greenpois0n initialized". After being stuck on that screen for a while it will either boot back into recovery or a page of code, get stuck and then reboot to recovery. I'm not sure if I have exhausted all my options but if you have any suggestions please help. Thanks

smokescreen220

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
California Native
Error codes in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes cannot contact the gs.apple.com server on ports 80 or 443......this is a common problem with jail breakers....might check your hosts file

Gaglio

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2014
Download Tiny Umbrella and try the Kick out of recovery mode feature. Hope that works for you.

In the future, you might want to consider a service like Everpix to backup your photos... but even that doesn't sound like it would have helped the situation as you said you hadn't even let the photos get uploaded to Photostream.

Last edited:

dernretellin

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2014
Right,Download Tiny Umbrella and try the Kick out of recovery mode feature. Hope that works for you.thanks
bc

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
error -3164 kOTNoUDErrErr: No unit data error indication currently exists on this endpoint.

UNIX base error meaning that phone is broken, badly. Something is wrong with the base system ( possible amateur JB attempt ) and the device cannot locate the data it needs to continue.

If your cannot DFU restore the device then I believe you may have a very nice paperweight. Be sure to thank the person that sold it to you.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.