iPhone 4 stuck in restore mode

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tartarus, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Tartarus macrumors member

So my iPhone 4 hasn't been able to connect to any computer (pc or Mac) for a few months, I got tired of it so I decided to do an ota erase all content and settings restore. My phone is jail broken, but now after doing so it is stuck in thE rotating loading circle screen, and it's been 2&1/2 hours.... Can I hold the power and home buttons down and reset it or will it brick my phone? Or any solution would be helpful! Thanks!

2. Tartarus, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012

Tartarus thread starter macrumors member

Sorry for double posting, but I've looked up some stuff but can't find anything but outdated/conflicting information.

Any help would be greatly needed!

Edit: I just held down the power/home button, and it still has all of my data on it. How do I go about restoring it to stock ios5?
    Or at least get it to be recognized by my computer!

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

First, don’t ever erase all a JB phone. It can lead to problems.

Second, have you tried a different cable? Do you have water damage? Is your dock clean? If all that is fine, then try to restore in DFU mode (see my sig).

Finally, since you obviously know how to edit, why did you double post after 30 minutes of not getting an answer?