Iphone 4 Stuck on Apple logo cant put into DFU

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by spinks123, Aug 22, 2012.

1. spinks123 macrumors newbie

Hi,I was wondering if anybody could help me with the situation I am in!

I was trying to delete cydia off my phone by deleting cydia installer, after that I rebooted and now it is stuck on a continuous loop. Looking online the solution is to put it into DFU mode, whoever my sleep button does not work and therefore i can not do this. Also the Phone is not recognized by my computer or iTunes ...Help!

Many thanks

2. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Ouch. The lack of a working sleep/wake button puts you in a very sticky situation. There is no alternative to initiating dfu mode that I am aware of.

You might try letting the battery die completely, then connecting it to a computer. After 10-20 mins it should power up and possibly become recognized in iTunes long enough to attempt a restore.

3. spinks123 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried waiting for the battery to die and plugging it into the computer and it just goes back into the loop :mad:

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If you wanted to delete your jb, why didn't you just restore in itunes?

5. spinks123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Because my phone wouldn't connect to itunes and was not being recognized by the computer :mad:

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Why didn't you dfu then to see if the computer would recognize it?

7. spinks123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Because my sleep button doesn't work

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

With the latest redsn0w you can create an IPSW that will put the iDevice into DFU mode. You should have made on of those and restored to it to put the iPhone into DFU mode then done a restore on it. Now you can't do anything.

9. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I figured there was a way to software dfu by now.
    I don't know why people think deleting cydia is a legitimate option. It's almost as bad as restoring in your phone--at least for jb.
    Your problem can't be fixed without working hardware. I suggest you get it repaired and then dfu or get a replacement.