iPhone 4 stuck on Apple logo

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bigbro1096, Jan 21, 2011.

1. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Well, My iPhone 4 is stuck on the Apple logo and when plugged in no iTunes recognizes it. I tried the iMac, the PC, and now I'm trying my Acer Laptop. When I plugged in my iPhone my laptop recognized it, but it is not showing up on the sidebar. What do I do now?

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

3. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

... Yes. I have an apple genius appointment tomorrow, and am getting a replacement so I thought I would try to jailbreak it right quick to see what it's like because i never jailbroke anything till yesterday and it went successfully, but then when I tried to restore it it said that this couldn't be done because of something, there wasn't any errors code or anything, after that I panicked and remote wiped it and now no computer will recognize it, not even my laptop any more and it just shows the apple logo on the screen! Please help! Do you think I will still be able to get a replacement as I was originally going to apple because my backplate clicks, it over heats, and there's a scratch on the screen!?

4. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

4.2.1 is a tethered jailbreak on the iPhone 4. So, every time the iPhone reboots you need to run redsn0w in tethered mode to turn it back on.

There is no need to get it replaced, the same thing will just happen again.

6. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

so far that seems to do the trick and i want to thank you time 10000000. but now i have a question/comment, im taking my iPhone back because of hardware problems which means i need to restore it so they dont know its been restored. how do i do that if it wont let me restore the phone, and why doesnt it let me restore the phone?!

7. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i did what you said and it seems like its stuck on the apple logo again

8. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

9. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nevermind, i called apple support and they said that it seems more like a hardware issue so ill just be taking my phone back tomorrow.

10. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sorry but itunes doesnt recognize it soo... but i called apple tech and everythings good.

11. Veefrag macrumors newbie

yeah same thing happened to me. it wont go into dfu mode because nothing recognizes it. i just went into the apple store and said it wont turn on and they replaced it (made sure i didnt say anything about jailbreaking)

12. andypatel00 macrumors newbie

stuck on apple logo

hello friends... I have tried everything possible but my phone keeps popping up on the applelogo. completed restore with itunes, redsn0w, used ireb to undo the loop and still nothing am I screwed???