iPhone 4 Stuck on Apple Logo

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AutomaticHaze, Sep 24, 2011.

1. AutomaticHaze macrumors regular

I just installed the "Sony Sketch EF" font from Cydia. As soon as i applied the font using BytaFont, my phone froze. I turned it off by holding the power and home buttons. Then I tried to boot it back up, and it just hangs on the apple logo. It will sit on the apple logo for quite some time, then the spinning circle you get when you respring will come up, and get stuck above the apple logo.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I know I could restore, but I'm not sure if the latest firmware has an untethered jailbreak?

My iPhone is on 4.1 with SHSH blobs all the way up to the current firmware in cydia. I would really rather not restore, ( I was waiting on iOS 5 ), i don't have a recent back up but i'll do what i have to.

Thanks for any help!

2. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

can you SSH to your phone when its on the apple logo?

If so you could remove the faulty Cydia package via terminal whilst SSH onto your phone

3. AutomaticHaze thread starter macrumors regular

No, I did not have wifi on.

I ended up restoring up to 4.3.5, I was at my girlfriends house and didn't feel like like driving all the way where I live without a phone. Before I restored, I used Tiny Umbrella. I've got SHSH blobs saved: 4.2.1 through 4.3.5
    I don't care about my baseband.

Is there any chance I can downgrade and have an untethered jailbreak? Or is it a long wait until iOS 5 is jailbroken?

I know I'm going to have to do it all over when the iOS 5 untethered jailbreak is out, but I don't think I can live with out my jailbroken apps!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

4. MuggeGHQ macrumors member

MuggeGHQ

Hi there.

Sure man. If you saved your 4.3.3 SHSH blobs then you can always downgrade back to 4.3.3. Special when you don't care about your baseband. Because thats already updated when you restored to 4.3.5 and there is no way back on baseband so far (Maybe in the future)
    Download TinyUmbrella and you can downgrade back to 4.3.3 and have a untethered jailbreak.

5. AutomaticHaze thread starter macrumors regular

Good news! I guess I'll just google for a tutorial on downgrading.. i've been jailbreaking for quite sometime but never had to downgrade.

When I downgrade will I be able to put a back up with all my media and numbers back on my phone.. or how does that work?

Thanks for the help!

6. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

yeah you'll be able to sync everything back :)

hope it goes well..

7. AutomaticHaze thread starter macrumors regular

Good deal. I'll goggle a tutorial and give it a shot. Thanks for all the help!

8. AutomaticHaze thread starter macrumors regular

Just a quick question, Are you sure I'll be able to put a 4.1 backup on my phone if I downgrade to 4.3.3? Or should I back up my phone now that it's on 4.3.5? Just trying to make sure once I downgrade I'll be able to get all my numbers, media, etc. back on my phone. Thanks!