Iphone 4 Stuck on connect itunes screen (Error 1013 and 3004)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dlale, Jan 9, 2011.

1. dlale macrumors newbie

i have serious problem that i can’t use my iphone anymore.

1.I had unlocked jailbreaked iphone(ios 4.02) just a few days ago.

2. I tried my iPhone upgrade to 4.2.1 and retain original baseband(ios 4.02) and unlocked with Tiny Umbrella. But i couldn’t succeed it.

3.I tried to restore 4.02, then 4.1, later 4.2.1 dozens and dozens of time but i couldn’t succeed it.Every time i tried i was getting error 1013.

4.I tried restore by another computer but nothing changed.

5.c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts I’ve changed host file with notepad; Remove the line that has gs.apple.com completely and save the file.But this time error changed to 3004

6.I used to recboot, tiny umbrella and redsn0w_win_0.9.6b6 to kick out of recovery mod but nothing changed.

I’m just see ‘’connect itunes’’ screen with my iphone. i can’t see the emergency call either.What should I do ? Please experts help me ! I would appreciate your help ! asap!

2. vabunuc macrumors member

you have to put it into dfu mode and restore. hold both power and home until it turns off, then count to 3 and let go of the power. you know you are in dfu when the phone shows a blank screen, and itunes detects a phone in recovery mode. it took me a few trys to get the timing right.

then restore with itunes.

3. FiveTimesXL macrumors newbie

same thing happened to me, go into the store and let them reset it for you. spent a while doing the same thing, no luck...took 2 minutes in the store