iPhone 4 Stuck On Recovery After Reset

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PlayU18, Jan 22, 2011.

1. PlayU18 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I recently purchased a used iPhone 4 32GB on 4.0.2 with the 01.59.00 baseband. In an attempt to clear the previous owners information, I did the reset through the phone. After doing that, it got stuck on the apple logo, then recovery mode (connect to itunes) logo. I have tried various solutions through Tinyumbrella with no luck. I have also tried to re-jailbreak using Limera1n, and it goes through the process and says it is complete, but no matter what I do, it won't get off of the connect to itunes logo. After the Limera1n jailbreak, the raindrop stays on the screen until I unplug it, and then it just goes back to apple log and then connect logo. I am really hoping to keep it on 01.59.00 baseband to keep it unlocked. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If I have to, I guess I'll just do a full restore to the new 4.2.1 and lose the unlock, but at that point I will probably just sell it because I truly don't believe an unlock will ever be released for the newer firmwares. Too many rumors about that going on for too long now. According to those rumors, the new unlock always seems to be two or three weeks away. So, I have given up and stopped believing that it will ever happen.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Was the iPhone jailbroken before you killed it?

3. PlayU18 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

Yes, it had been jailbroken (with Cydia installed), but I am not sure what method was used. Would this matter?

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Definitely. If the previous owner saved the SHSH for any 4.0.x firmware you can revert back to it without upgrading the baseband.

5. PlayU18 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah...unfortunately they must not have chosen to "make my life easier" in Cydia, because I have attempted to restore using 4.0.1, and 4.0.2, and no luck with either of them. Itunes keeps getting stuck at at "verifying restore with Apple" during the restore process. After staying on that for a few minutes, it says it cannot restore, and gives an error code 3194.

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

To restore with the SHSH you need to edit your host files or run TinyUmbrella's TSS Server. Maybe you'll get lucky if not the only option is 4.2.1 and there is no unlock possible.