iPhone 4: Stuck pixels or what?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yode, Jun 25, 2010.

1. yode macrumors 6502

hey guys, so I got my iphone 4 on launch day, waiting in line for 5 hours at the Grove. And when I got home this is what I see. Do you think this is eligible for an exchange or something? And are these stuck pixels? I couldn't capture it quite well on my camera but its like a 2-3mm line of Red, Green, Blue. It is VERY visible on a black background but not so much on a white. And when do you think is the earliest time I could go in for an exchange? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. youngsunnz macrumors regular

I just got an email from steve and he said not to look at it in a way where you can notice the pixels

3. yode thread starter macrumors 6502

lol
    seriously though... anyone care to help

4. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Apple is usually pretty nice when it comes to defects. Since most stores have a butt load - you'll probably get it replaced immediately. Worst case, call apple and they'll probably send a replacement.

5. JackSpearo macrumors regular

lol hahahahaha!!!

6. lunarcamel macrumors newbie

I had an issue with my display as well and Im sending it back for a new one. I had to wait about 30 minutes to get them to waive the "return fee" as it needed Senior CS approval.

I'm pretty disappointed in the whole experience and it makes me question why I'm bothering to get a replacement because I've lost some faith. Hopefully the new one is flawless.

Anyways I suggest everyone with a screen defect should send it back immediately - its unacceptable and you shouldnt have to pay an extra dime.

7. yode thread starter macrumors 6502

u think if i make a genius bar appointment like on sunday they would have enough stock for a replacement?