iPhone 4 stuck restoring firmware - How to fix

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ericksgotmac, Jul 12, 2010.

1. ericksgotmac macrumors regular

Not sure if this is posted anywhere else but heres something useful Geohot may or may not know he gave us. The ability to force a iDevice out of recovery mode.

I was trying to restore my 2nd iPhone 4 and it got stuck at the Apple logo and progress bar, half way through. I didn't want to make a appointment at the Apple store and be without my iPhone for the entire day, it is after all a cellular phone that I use almost every hour.

The fix is like this, assuming you already pressed the Restore button and it got stuck at the Apple logo and progress bar half full and on your Mac it has the progress bar with like....a tiny bit left to be completed.

1. I'd wait 10 or 15 mins for the entire process to actually complete and the firmware is loaded semi-properly.

2. Run blackra1n RC3 and press "Make it Ra1n!"

3. All thats left to do is wait... blackra1n will eventually force bring it out of recovery mode and iTunes will do the rest in activating the iPhone 4.

4. Profit!

I had 2 iPhone 4's so far and they both did this, the first was replaced and then i found out how to do this, hopefully I can use as a excuse to get a new one if my iPhone ever gets scratched up o_O...ethics?, nah it is really screwed up!

2. Dice101 macrumors newbie

Were you receiving code error 9 when the restore failed?

OMG props man I Have been trying all night to fix this Thank You!

3. Dextor143 macrumors 6502

You just saved me....I thought I would never be able to fix it.

thanks

buddy

4. Hellion macrumors member

Hellion

Dude your method totally worked for me! My iTunes bar would get all the way to a tad bid but on iPhone it would be about 3/4 way. Followed ur steps and good to go! Your right brotha, this ain't really known atall! Least I haven't found it in my searches past couple of days. Would have to reinstall iTunes, do all kinda of crazy sh*& from other sites.

5. DaveAmbler macrumors member

DaveAmbler

I used this method day of iPhone 4 release - didn't think to share it, but kinda wish I had now! Works a treat, certainly made my launch day woes turn in to yays!

6. Pozzdonnz macrumors newbie

Tech how to fix Your iPhone stuck Restoring

Open iTunes then Check What programs is runing trough itunes such as Wifi Sync Or tune up Uninstall Restart Ok Now u can restore nomally Garantee 100 % becoz I was same problem