iPhone 4 stutters and jerks:(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by madKIR, Sep 15, 2010.

1. madKIR macrumors 6502

Feb 2, 2010
    O'k, this is my second replacement. It seems to be fine but! The jerky animation in folders and sometimes in games is bothering me!
    I was using the 3 GS for more than a year and spent some time with it running iOS 4 and it surely was jerky on iOS 4 at times but not that often.

In general it's running smoothly, but in some games, especially racing games, it freezes for a second or so like it's loading something from the buffer. Sometimes it seems to suffer from lower FPS too.

My first iPhone 4 had a very bad reception, another one had two yellow spots on the screen, I was using them just for a couple of days and now cannot easily say if they were acting the very same way as my current one does.
    I restored it for a couple of times (form a back up and as a new one), but it didn't change a thing.

I'm not happy about swapping it as I feel like I'll end up with another defective phone but with a different problem (oh man, it was so easy with the 3GS last year:rolleyes:) But if it's a real issue that concerns only my device, I'll give it a try.

Is anyone experiencing the same things?
  2. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Jul 14, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    Only time my folders we slow is when I JB'd and packed them using infinifolders. As for games that's more than likely the game dev's issue not the os.
  3. Mark Booth macrumors 68000

Mark Booth

Jan 16, 2008
    I've seen it happen, but only after I've had numerous beverages that contain caffeine.

4. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Aug 2, 2010
    Those jerky actions are normal on Android phones.
  5. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Feb 5, 2007
    State of Denial
    Was your phone making its "O" face during said actions?
  6. madKIR thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 2, 2010