iPhone 4 Supply Constraints in Canada (GTA Area)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thriftstoresofa, Sep 30, 2010.

1. thriftstoresofa macrumors newbie

thriftstoresofa

I have been monitoring the shipping dates from the apple.ca store, but they are still hovering around 3 weeks.

And, there are still long lines outside of any Apple store on shipment days (in the Greater Toronto Area). I have done quite a few searches and have yet to find any accurate information or even speculation on when supply constraints might ease in Canada or Toronto.

Has anyone heard anything about when iPhone 4 inventory will be less constrained in Canada? :eek:

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The US Apple.com still estimates 3 week delay for the iPhone 4, but people have reported getting it in just a week or so.

Have you made any efforts to go wait in line to get an iPhone at your local Apple Store, or are you just assuming you won't get one and don't even try?

3. thriftstoresofa thread starter macrumors newbie

thriftstoresofa

Thanks for the reply! :)

To be honest, I have not waited in line - just looked at the lines. I had to run errands a few times where I arrived in the morning at the store and had to return hours later to the same mall with the same people in line.

Maybe I should try waiting in line, if I want one that bad. :cool:

4. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

My buddy went to sherway on a saturday or sunday morning, waited in line for 45min and walked out with an iPhone 4...I put my name on a list at a rogers store and got a call a week later to come get one if I still wanted it...turnaround has been pretty quick in my experience...guess its about being in the right place at the right time

5. Infinitygraphix macrumors member

Your sir are pretty lucky. I have been on a list at a Rogers Store for more than a month... with no call whatsoever.

I also been on another list at another Rogers Store... They actually call me to tell me that Rogers ask them to cancel the list...

I live in Montreal.

I must also get it at a Rogers Store, since Apple store doesn't want to upgrade corporate users.

Waiting in line at an Apple store is the best way in Quebec to actually get an iPhone 4.

But I heard that you can get one *easily* by being in line early and pay a Rogers guy or Apple guy $$$ to « move at the top » of the waiting list....

So at the moment I'm still stuck with my 3G

6. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

Personally I waited 5 minutes 5 days after the release to get my unlocked iPhone 4...

Some co-workers who decided to convert to iPhone 4's recently only waited 1 - 1 1/2 weeks for theirs (put names on waiting lists)... (this is in Canada)

7. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

I didn't have time to drive to the city to wait in line so I ordered online.
    one more week to ship.

8. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2