Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ozzyman500

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
This is really getting frustrating. I'm trying different USB ports, restoring, etc. The past few times I've tried to sync my apps iTunes freezes, it gives me internal device errors, and I got this error where the file is not located. Is this happening anyone else or should I go about and try to get a replacement?

April Dancer

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2006
Surrey, UK
This is really getting frustrating. I'm trying different USB ports, restoring, etc. The past few times I've tried to sync my apps iTunes freezes, it gives me internal device errors, and I got this error where the file is not located. Is this happening anyone else or should I go about and try to get a replacement?

Go and get a replacement. No normal usage of a phone should have you wanting to throw it at the wall. It sounds buggered.

ozzyman500

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
I really don't want to go through the trouble but if these syncing problems keep coming up I guess I have to.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
If iTunes is freezing, the issue isn't with the phone.

+1. I had the itunes freezing issue a couple years back with my iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2. I had to create a whole new account on my mac and transfer everything over. It turns out that iTunes got corrupted into the OS and had to start fresh as a new user. Took about an hour but have never had a problem since.

Sixpack446

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
+1. I had the itunes freezing issue a couple years back with my iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2. I had to create a whole new account on my mac and transfer everything over. It turns out that iTunes got corrupted into the OS and had to start fresh as a new user. Took about an hour but have never had a problem since.

I had this issue on my 3GS a while back. I did the same as you and it's worked ever since.

whocaresit

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2010
Hey ozzy,
Try this: sync it overnight. Go to sleep.

Wake up the next morning. Is it still frozen?

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
Don't throw it as it will almost certainly break. Return it for a full refund.

spblat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes? Do you have another computer to try restoring it with? Not a lot of information but it sounds like more of a computer problem than an iPhone problem.

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
I had this issue on my 3GS a while back. I did the same as you and it's worked ever since.

+1 for me as well! I had exact same issue and actually had to delete iTunes and download and install it all over again. Also, if you're running snow leopard do you have the most recent updates? I had an issue awhile back and my iPhone 4 wouldn't sync but it was solved when I ran software update. There was an update for syncing issues. I'm not talking the new iTunes either, I forgot what it was but it's obvious what it's for.

helloimD4NNY

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Restart your iPhone 4, restart your computer, if all doesn't work call AppleCare. If they can't solve it, they will replace your 4. I'm sure it's just a software issue with your computer, not the phone.

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
I dunno if you've tried everything just take it to the Genius Bar and explain your problem. If they can't fix it they will give you a new one.

mad-dog-one

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2009

Sounds like it may be either a computer or iTunes problem. My iPhone 4 works fine on iTunes and seems faster than it was on my iPhone 3GS. Maybe you could visit an Apple Store and have them checkout your phone. You'll love it when you get around this problem.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
I really don't want to go through the trouble but if these syncing problems keep coming up I guess I have to.

You answered your own question. If the phone is giving you an issue, try it on another computer. If it's still having a problem, logic dictates the phone has an issue. If normal means of troubleshooting do not resolve the phone issue (restart/power cycle), then you have a defective device and it should be returned.

Easy and simple. People make things too hard these days. :cool:

ozzyman500

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Have you tried to re-install iTunes?

Sounds like it may be either a computer or iTunes problem. My iPhone 4 works fine on iTunes and seems faster than it was on my iPhone 3GS. Maybe you could visit an Apple Store and have them checkout your phone. You'll love it when you get around this problem.

You answered your own question. If the phone is giving you an issue, try it on another computer. If it's still having a problem, logic dictates the phone has an issue. If normal means of troubleshooting do not resolve the phone issue (restart/power cycle), then you have a defective device and it should be returned.

Easy and simple. People make things too hard these days. :cool:

I've reinstalled iTunes downloaded 9.2.1.5 from Apple's website and I deleted the iOS 4 firmware and downloaded it again and from the first sync all my apps seems to be okay. If it continues again I will call Apple. Thanks everyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.