iPhone 4 sync with new Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZMacintosh, Oct 30, 2011.

1. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

Have been syncing my iPhone 4 to my iTunes library on a 27" iMac with SSD+HDD running 10.6.8 Snow Leopard; however this particular machine has been swapped out but is the same config as the previous, the only difference is its running Lion as opposed to SL.

Now all the path names are the same as my itunes library resided on the SL iMac at Volumes/Macintosh HD2/Music/iTunes/etc.... same with the new iMac, the only difference is I didnt drag and drop the itunes library over so its not automatically checking the Sync Apps, Sync Music, etc. so basically when i Update to iOS5 it will no doubt restore and resync my phone like its new since I didnt drop my library over with those specific preferences...?

I think i may have answered my own question...but would just dropping the preference files over possibly have any damaging affects on the library/restore process?

2. ZMacintosh thread starter macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

Good suggestions, however I dont believe it will work in this instance as i basically launched i tunes on the new system pointed it to the new directory and dropped in all my content so its a new library, which is why none of the check boxes on my iphone in itunes are checked for sync these playlists, apps, cal, contacts, etc

everything is like for like on the new Mac but it was all created from the ground up. so all preferences/settings were newly configured to reflect the previous library.

so if i were to just drop in the preference files it should then no problem work, since all the content is there, etc.

thanks again.