iphone 4 synch with itouch 2g on same PC using

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pectin232, Aug 21, 2010.

1. pectin232 macrumors 6502

iphone 4 synch with itouch 2g on same PC using
    iTune 9.2.1.. somehow all of the iTouch apps [2G 32GB] is trying to install into the new iPhone 4. How do I prevent it... it keeps saying sync in Progress and I am not sure if I should remove it from iTunes.. since I am afraid it might remove it from the iTouch when I connect it back. I thought iTunes would regard both devices as being distinct and not sharing the same iTunes folder??? I just set up iPhone 4 as a new device in iTunes 9.2.1 and I had synch iTouch 2G before on the same PC.. now it is trying to copy everything from the iTouch to the iphone... I tried everything but it is still trying to do this. I do not want to reset it again.

2. nippyjun macrumors 65816

While the iPhone is connected and shows in iTunes, go to the apps tab. There you can select and deselect the apps you want on your device.

Apps you purchased for your iPod won't be affected by adding them to your phone. And since you already purchased them they are free to add to the phone.

3. pectin232 thread starter macrumors 6502

The problem is I do not want the iTouch apps to move into the iPhone? How do I prevent that? I was thinking the apps for each device are separate. When I plug in the iPhone... it shows just all the apps. How would I know which app is for which device??

4. nippyjun macrumors 65816

You have to manually unchecked the apps you don't want on the iPhone.

I have 4 ios devices and it's a pain at times to manage the apps but for now it's the way to do it.

5. pectin232 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes yes... that is what is showing. I had to manually do it as well. on the other hand I can sync it with another PC... but then that is another different 'kind' of pain..... I wished they would just show what the Device has installed and what new ones I can install instead of clumping all of them together. They can have 2 list box [one is the iphone or whatever device] and the other is what is available and can be installed/ sync...

6. nippyjun macrumors 65816

That's a good idea.

I now pretty much know what was on each device so when I sync each one i go to the apps tab and look on the little screens that show the apps on them and just "x" the ones that don't belong.

7. pectin232 thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you mean... when I sync Device A - I see the little X on it means that application or video is in the Device?? or it is 'NOT' in the device? Thanks