iPhone 4 tethering with MyWi question...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Paradoxeon, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Paradoxeon macrumors member

So I'm running MyWi on an 4.2.1 iPhone 4. It seems to work perfectly with all the family's computers (eg, my Macbook Air, Dell XPS m1330, etc.). However, the most recent computer I've tested this on is a Dell Adamo XPS running latest Win7, and BAM! No go. It connected for about 2 or 3 min at my Wireless hotspot, and failed completely (this network failed to connect). THe other options are bluetooth and USB, which I have absolutely no idea how to use. Can someone give me some advice?? Thanks.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If your laptop has bluetooth built in you can connect using that by turning on the BT on MyWi and on your laptop. Or with usb you just plug in the iphone and turn on usb tethering and your laptop will connect using the iphone data.

3. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

i think you will need to set up with Mac. When i use blue tooth; you will need to pair it with your iPhone. If you plug it with USB then you will need to go to network and choose iPhone as internet. You only have to do it once though.

4. mrlowkey macrumors member

win7 doesn't play nice & often flaky with adhoc prefers infrastructure...thats why so many have switched over to TetherMe with infrastructure & WPA2 security...there are quite a few comparison threads on this..

5. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

My experience has been rock-solid with TetherMe after about a year on MyWi. As much as I love some of the advanced features of MyWi, you've found one of the shortcomings.

6. Paradoxeon thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the awesome replies, guys. Is it possible to install TetherMe alongside MyWi? Of course, they wouldn't be used simultaneously, but to rephrase my question, is it possible to use TetherMe just for the Win7 and MyWi for everything else? I might look into that :apple:

7. TC25 macrumors 68020

Yes, you could, but why wouldn't you use TetherMe all the time?