iPhone 4 the fore bearer of full iTunes HD content

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cabbit, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

I've come to realise that the flagship iTunes device is going to be playing some rather captastically encoded SD and badly encoded SD videos and perhaps this may be Apple's push for high bitrate HD content to hit the store as a standard and not a optional extra for Apple TV and some TV shows.

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I think that will soon become reality. It's already happening in the SatTV world where DISH is now offering "free" HD service (not programming but the ability to receive HD). DirecTV has countered by matching that for new customers and also existing customers (6 mos or longer) that ask. Existing customer only get 24 mos. for "free," but I think in two years no one is going to be able to charge extra for "HD." It will have to be embedded in the price.

Also DirecTV's NFL (US Football) Sunday Ticket previous required a $100 a la carte package to get the games in HD. This season that package is not included in the regular one at no extra cost. Instead they are charging $50 extra if you want to view the games on the iPhone. I'm not sure how many suckers they are going to get for $50. I'll just watch w/ my sling app.

3. kultschar macrumors 6502a

50mb music videos has been bugging me for years, dot even look good on a iPhone let alone apple tv