iPhone 4 & the Unlimited Data Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacBuddySupport, Aug 21, 2010.

1. MacBuddySupport macrumors member

MacBuddySupport

Hi everyone, I'm a litle confused here about everything i've been reading about the iPhone Unlimited Data being capped at 5GB is this true? I was also reading that someone went over the 5GB and it cost him a fortune. The other thing I read was if I was on the 2GB a month plan and I went over lets say 40MB would I be chared for another 2GB for that month? How does it all work?

Thanks

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

there is no 5 gig soft cap with the iphone unlimited plan

3. MacBuddySupport thread starter macrumors member

MacBuddySupport

I didn't think there was but after reading some stuff I thought i'd better double-check.

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

There is. It's usually in the terms of the contract that no one reads. AT&T gives you a few months of going over before they start enforcing it.

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

Per AT&T, "Should a customer exceed 2 GB during a billing cycle, they will receive an additional 1 GB of data for $10 for use in the cycle."
    http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=4800&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=30854

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

If you use that much data (5GB+), you should spend more time off your phone. I'm doing just fine with the 200MB plan.

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

:rolleyes:

While 200MBs may be good for some, I see no reason wny AT&T shouldn't offer choices

8. MacBuddySupport thread starter macrumors member

MacBuddySupport

Thanks all
    I'm on the unlimited plan still. The reason I was asking was because I figured I'm not even using anything near 5GB, I did at one point but I figured if there is a cap on the unlimited plan, you might as well downgrade to the 2GB a month and save a few dollars. That was the reason I was asking.

At least I know I can get 2GB for $25 and if I go over an additional 1 for $10. Thats not bad.

Thanks all. Your answers helped tremendously!

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

No, there is not. Unlimited is truly unlimited with the iphone.

There is a 5gig cap for laptop data cards but there is not one for the iphone unlimited plan.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thats false.
    Its not in the terms of the unlimited iphone data thats where all get confused.
    On wireless aircards, and other plans but not on the particular one in question.
    Many people use 10-20GB of data per month on the regural and noone ever got charged extra or had any problems.