iphone 4 thrown onto floor. Now has WSOD

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by brucebanner, Jul 16, 2011.

1. brucebanner macrumors newbie

My girlfriend threw her iphone 4 onto the floor and cracked her screen and back plate. i replaced both the screen and back but when I turned on the phone the screen is white. I don't hear any noises when pressing the screen but does show up as a device on the PC and does vibrate when pluging it in, I have restored the device but result is the same.

I've also done some suggestions i've read on the forums here with no success.

It has a warranty but because i replaced the screen thats done. and last time i tried to bring a phone with a cracked screen to the apple store they wanted $230 to replace the phone.

Any suggestions on what I can try would be greatly appreciated.

2. applemessiah macrumors member

Seems like you got a bad screen. might try to contact the seller.

3. brucebanner thread starter macrumors newbie

so i looked again at the thread in the link u suggested and i already tried everything but since it's mostly based on 3gs and this is and iphone 4 it didn't help so much.

I know the screen is fine cause the place i got it from is a reliable source and all the screens they get are fully tested. and the white screen was happening on the old lcd which worked fine before it hit the floor and the first screen was also from the same source i got this second screen from.

Any more suggestions?

4. applemessiah macrumors member

not to be the bearer of bad news but...u might have caused bad internal damage. i have an iphone 4 that was dropped and screen cracked and after i put a new screen i realized it was the motherboard. It will connect to itunes and even vibrate but other then that the screen is blank. i do realize ur is white but that could mean u messed up motherboard.

5. brucebanner thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I have that feeling as well but i was hoping there could be some light at the end of a very small tunnel. Thats why posting is my last resort.

6. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

My advice is to let the girlfriend deal with it since she's the one that threw it on the ground. She's an adult.