Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MoodyM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
I got my iPhone 4 new in June 2010, and it's always been set to set the time automatically.

A few days ago I noticed it's clock was now running 15 minutes slow. If I set it correctly manually, then turn Set Automatically back on, it jumps back to 15 mins slow again.

I've done a soft reset, no luck. Tried turning off/on WiFi, 3G, etc, no luck.

My iPad 2, also on Orange UK, and sitting next to my iPhone on the same WiFi networks all day at home & work, is fine, and it's also set to "Set Automatically".

What on Earth is going on?

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
Try resyncing you iPhone to your computer. I ran into this with my first generation iPad and that fixed it. Make sure your computer reads the correct time as well.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
I restored my iPhone 2 weeks ago. Before that, my time when set automatically was 5 minutes late. I believed restoring the phone fixed it, but haven't checked that out yet.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
So does Orange UK definitely transmit a time signal?

Update: I emailed Orange yesterday andd asked if the UK network does transmit a time signal. Orange called me back this evening and told me that time signals are not transmitted in the UK.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.