iPhone 4 time "Set Automatically" is slow

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MoodyM, Aug 8, 2011.

1. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

I got my iPhone 4 new in June 2010, and it's always been set to set the time automatically.

A few days ago I noticed it's clock was now running 15 minutes slow. If I set it correctly manually, then turn Set Automatically back on, it jumps back to 15 mins slow again.

I've done a soft reset, no luck. Tried turning off/on WiFi, 3G, etc, no luck.

My iPad 2, also on Orange UK, and sitting next to my iPhone on the same WiFi networks all day at home & work, is fine, and it's also set to "Set Automatically".

What on Earth is going on?

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Try resyncing you iPhone to your computer. I ran into this with my first generation iPad and that fixed it. Make sure your computer reads the correct time as well.

3. jonrando macrumors 6502a

4. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

I restored my iPhone 2 weeks ago. Before that, my time when set automatically was 5 minutes late. I believed restoring the phone fixed it, but haven't checked that out yet.

5. testcard, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011

testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

So does Orange UK definitely transmit a time signal?

Update: I emailed Orange yesterday andd asked if the UK network does transmit a time signal. Orange called me back this evening and told me that time signals are not transmitted in the UK.