Iphone 4 to 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmgman23, Aug 4, 2011.

1. jmgman23 macrumors newbie

Hi all-

New to posting and have a couple questions. Thanks in advance for your helpful answers.

I bought an Iphone 4 two months ago with my upgrade and will probably sell it soon for some extra dollars. I will use my old BB until the iphone 5 comes out.

A couple questions:

1. Can i use an upgrade on my dad's line (same account) to purchase the iphone 5 and then make sure that the iphone 5 gets my phone #? Will they do this in store for me?

2. When i sell my current iphone, where is the sim card? how do i get it out? do i have to go to the store to deactivate?

Thanks

2. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

Ur sim should be in the device!
    Unles u on verizon , then i dont know! Im from europe...:apple:

3. jmgman23 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

1) Yes, they'll do that in store for you. Maybe not on release day as they're pretty busy. But if they're not then they should.

Are you on AT&T or Verizon?

2) The SIM card is in the tiny hole on the right side. Stick an open paperclip in it. (If you don't have a hole, you're on Verizon). No you don't need to go to the store to deactivate it. If you're on AT&T, just take your SIM card out. If you're on Verizon, just activate the iPhone5 and your old one will be deactivated.

If you sell, make sure once you transfer everything to the iPhone 5 you go into settings and erase all data and content or whatever that button is.

5. Krispy162 macrumors regular

Krispy162

If you're on Verizon then you can do it. I'm on a family share and we use each others upgrades all the time.

How much you going to sell your iP4 for? My upgrades aren't till 2012 and earlier this year I made the bozo mistake of going to Android... :confused:

PM if you'd like

6. essential macrumors regular

How does this work with smartphone vs non-smartphone with the ETF.

For example, if I used a parents upgrade who has a dumbphone, and then use the purchased iPhone with my number, does their line have the smartphone ETF even though they use a dumbphone, or does mine?