iPhone 4 to Boost Mobile CDMA

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by birdhouse1575, Jan 11, 2012.

1. birdhouse1575, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012

birdhouse1575 macrumors newbie

'ello all,

Upon hearing of CDMA iPhones being successfully flashed to Cricket and MetroPCS, I would assume a flash to Boost Mobile would be possible.

From the looks of it, it seems all that is required is a jailbreak, installing an app or two from Cydia, and ultimately replacing the original CDMA carrier PRL with the one of the desired carrier.

So the phone is set up for the carrier and the phone has to actually be activated with the carrier...
    It would seem best to use a Sprint iPhone instead of a Verizon iPhone, unless a customer rep. says it's good to go, but unsupported as a Sprint phone.

- Would a Boost CDMA PRL work in either a Sprint or Verizon iPhone if Metro and Cricket can do it?

- Would it make a difference to use Sprint iPhone over Verizon or vice versa?

- Is it illegal to switch the ESN's of an iPhone and an old, inactive Sprint phone of mine?

Thanks all!

2. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

First cloning of ESN is highly illegal and can not be discussed in this public forum. Second by asking such a question in a manner that you did I doubt highly you have the ability to do such a thing even if someone told you how which they won't.

3. Fresh1 macrumors regular

I didn't know anyone actually used Boost mobile.

4. birdhouse1575, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012

birdhouse1575 thread starter macrumors newbie

1. Understood.
    2. What manner?

Changed it a bit just for you.

5. agardimanuel macrumors newbie

Please read up on your laws. It's not illegal to do this. How ever it is illegal to use to steal service or anything that fraudulent against the government and companies.

There are guides. Do a simple google search and you will find it. It's very costly but you can also take it to a professional who will te the job done.

6. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Trust this if nothing else . . I know the law on this and what he is asking for is not legal anywhere in the USA. Thank you for your contribution.