iPhone 4 to Boost Mobile CDMA

birdhouse1575

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2010
'ello all,

Upon hearing of CDMA iPhones being successfully flashed to Cricket and MetroPCS, I would assume a flash to Boost Mobile would be possible.

From the looks of it, it seems all that is required is a jailbreak, installing an app or two from Cydia, and ultimately replacing the original CDMA carrier PRL with the one of the desired carrier.

So the phone is set up for the carrier and the phone has to actually be activated with the carrier...
It would seem best to use a Sprint iPhone instead of a Verizon iPhone, unless a customer rep. says it's good to go, but unsupported as a Sprint phone.

- Would a Boost CDMA PRL work in either a Sprint or Verizon iPhone if Metro and Cricket can do it?

- Would it make a difference to use Sprint iPhone over Verizon or vice versa?

- Is it illegal to switch the ESN's of an iPhone and an old, inactive Sprint phone of mine?

Thanks all!

Last edited:

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
First cloning of ESN is highly illegal and can not be discussed in this public forum. Second by asking such a question in a manner that you did I doubt highly you have the ability to do such a thing even if someone told you how which they won't.

Comment

birdhouse1575

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2010
First cloning of ESN is highly illegal and can not be discussed in this public forum. Second by asking such a question in a manner that you did I doubt highly you have the ability to do such a thing even if someone told you how which they won't.
1. Understood.
2. What manner?

Changed it a bit just for you.

Last edited:
Comment

agardimanuel

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2012
Please read up on your laws. It's not illegal to do this. How ever it is illegal to use to steal service or anything that fraudulent against the government and companies.

There are guides. Do a simple google search and you will find it. It's very costly but you can also take it to a professional who will te the job done.

Comment

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Please read up on your laws. It's not illegal to do this. How ever it is illegal to use to steal service or anything that fraudulent against the government and companies.

There are guides. Do a simple google search and you will find it. It's very costly but you can also take it to a professional who will te the job done.
Trust this if nothing else . . I know the law on this and what he is asking for is not legal anywhere in the USA. Thank you for your contribution.

Comment