iPhone 4 to Genius Bar

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AFPoster, Jun 10, 2011.

1. AFPoster macrumors 65816

So I've had countless issues with my iPhone 4 since I purchased it back in Sept 2010 (without Applecare). I have an appointment today with the Genius bar and hopefully I will get a replacement. My issues:

Battery Life
    Signal Loss
    Home Button stops working

Without doing anything on my phone, just turning it on (brightness, wi-fi, bluetooth, etc all off) I maybe get 5 hours of life, nothing running, no calls / texts.

I've been to the Apple store 2x over a loss of signal where my wife's iPhone 4 has 4 bars and the at&t store next to my neighborhood has 4 bars but I don't. They've replaced my SIM 2x as well and still no luck.

My home button just stops working. I'll click it and nothing happens. I'll wait 10-15 seconds and still nothing, this is like 20-30x a day.

I've restored countless times from back-ups and fresh installs. Adding 0 apps, no music, etc and still no luck. A Struggling issue.

Do you all think a replacement is in sight?

2. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

I hope so, I'll let you know.

3. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Like any place, you'll get better service and support if you're cool about it. Generally I think the genius guys/gals are really good at what they do with the amount of time they have to do it in.
    Its a lot easier to give you a replacement, then to sit there and try to troubleshoot a battery issue. So I think they'll run initial diags and then give you a replacement.

Let us know how it turns out.

4. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Definitely replace it. Sounds like you just have a faulty device, which happens from time to time. Nothing is perfect.

6. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Apple is usually pretty generous about this kind of things. They are fast to acknowledge their faults and if they see they can't fix it or at least not within a short time, they will most likely just replace it.

7. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah got a replacement. Now I'm sending my brother back into the Apple store to try and weasel out a white one since I'm stuck at work.

8. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

they will not give you a white one sorry just had my wifes ip4 replaced since her power button wouldn't click she asked for a white one and they said no.

i was chatting with the manager and one of the salesman while we were waiting asking about Thunderbolt external hard drives and what not and asked if they would replace any of the black ones with white and he was telling me that a lot, a lot of people ask but they cannot do it. sorry

9. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

If the original was white you can get white. Otherwise no. They are very popular and the percentage of them made is not large enough to give them away.

10. iKennett macrumors 6502

My home button was very temperamental... they replaced it after a quick look (the iPhone that is).

11. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Congratulations! This reminds me of the time when my iPod Mini 4GB (seems like ages ago..!) stopped working and after trying the solutions exposed in Apple's website, it still did not work. So I wrote about it on some form in Apple's site, and the next day an Apple employee picked up the iPod at my house. Two days later, mailman brought a new one! Things like these are very valuable for the customer.:D

12. iFiend macrumors 65816

Don't even bother. It'll never happen.

13. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah got the big "No" on the white iphone haha. Worth asking though.

14. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

There are so many threads about visiting the genius bar and I figured I'd post here because I am having a similar issue.

My iphone for a while now has not been very responsive when I click the home button. It will almost never open multitasking bar when i double click. I can sometimes click it and it will just open the spotlight search other times it does nothing. I can't get it to turn on from sleep sometimes without clicking multiple times. Second, my iphone get pretty hot. Charging or using apps even lightly will get it warm enough to where I can feel it through my case and not want it in my pocket.

I'm planning on visiting the apple store tomorrow finally but I have ios5 beta installed. Is it going to be a problem? I'm not a developer either.

15. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

They will turn you away if you've got iOS 5, even if you are a developer. It says in the notes accompanying the beta that it's not meant to be used on a personal device. Try to get back down to 4.3.3 if you can.

16. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a