iPhone 4 to iPhone 4S - Convince Me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macatak911, Oct 6, 2011.

1. macatak911 macrumors regular

At first after the Keynote I was convinced I would not get it. Now I'm getting the itch. Here's my history:

AT&T
    Purchased iPhone 3G - early upgrade
    Purchased iPhone 3GS - early upgrade
    Purchased iPhone 4 - Full Retail price (was told I could not do three early upgrades in a row)

So I am eligible for the subsidized price and could sell my iPhone 4 for more than I would pay for the 4GS. Part of me is saying hold off to use your upgrade on the 5 but who knows when that will be. Convince me to buy the 4S. ;)

2. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

I think if you can't decide based on specs the biggest thing to see it as then is a big savings.

Yesterday, eBay had instant sales going for the iPhone 4 at a higher price as part of a special deal. I sold mine for $358. Couple that with a $299 price point for the same GB size with the 4S and I'd say that the savings alone justify the upgrade for me (plus I was eligible anyway). If you have a 16GB iPhone 4 the savings are even greater if you purchase the same size phone.

For me though, I have the iPad 2 and saw the major differences it brought with it from the iPad after selling it. Having a dual core processor may not speed up the system to a great degree but it will never hang or stutter on just about anything. It really is super smooth. And let's be honest - Siri is pretty cool.

3. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I struggle to understand people who ask them to "convince" them to buy a product. We get about 1 of these posts per day in at least one of the various forums of Mac Rumors. We are strangers and we don't give a flying eff what you buy or don't buy. Why the hell would we need or want to convince you of anything?

4. Forest91 macrumors member

You sound like a nice chap

5. gazzrenn macrumors 6502

gazzrenn

6. gtmac macrumors 6502a

I too dislike the term. Ask a pro / con question but why should we convince you.

7. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

8. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

We aren't Apple's marketing team, why should we convince you?

9. gtmac macrumors 6502a

While I agree with your post. It's not savings with eBay and Paypal fees plus tax on the new phone. But it is a subsidized purchase where you get a new phone without a full hit. I a have ATT subsidized purchase every year it costs me tax on the phone every every year i have had a new iPhone. I will order one tomorrow and only decision left is 32 or 64, damn apple for raising the price point.

10. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

If you hold it in the wrong way, it will.