iPhone 4 to iPhone 6 Migration Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by santidog, Sep 24, 2014.

1. santidog macrumors newbie

I thought I would document migration issues I've had going from iPhone 4 (originally 5.1.1) to iPhone 6 (8.0.0) for anyone who may be wondering what items they may lose. My iPhone 4 was originally restored from an iPhone 2G. These issues have been present after doing the following:

• iPhone 4 (5.1.1) iTunes backup -> iPhone 6 (8.0.0)
    • iPhone 4 (7.1.2) iTunes backup -> iPhone 6 (8.0.0)
    • iPhone 4 (7.1.2) iCloud backup -> iPhone 6 (8.0.0)
    • iPhone 6 (8.0.0 iTunes backup -> iPhone 6 (8.0.0)

1. Voicemail over 30 days did not transfer over. See http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1785265 for more information.
    2. Recent/Missed calls showing as "No Caller ID". This includes numbers that were just phone numbers and not associated to a contact.
    3. Lifetime call time not correct.

I currently have no solution to any of these. I have another 20 days before I have to trade my iPhone 4 in to ATT so hopefully someone will have better luck than me in finding a fix.

Attached Files:

2. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Thanks for that, if they are the only transfer issues I can live with that.

3. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I restored from my iOS6 iPhone 4 backup, and my phone iPhone 6 that didn't have phone service until yesterday said I had 6 hours and 55 minutes of talk time on it.

It also hosed my apps - threw all the folders away and creating a big ole mess.

I have the same caller-id issues, I just decided to ignore it. Just like I ignored the saved VMs i was going to lose on Verizon! LOL!!