iphone 4 to "No Sim"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waiyippy, Jul 26, 2010.

1. waiyippy macrumors newbie

my iphone 4 signal has been changing to "no sim" 4 times in 1 day compare to a total of 2-3 times since I had my phone on launch day. everyone else experiencing this kind of problem. It was fine at first where i just reboot the phone but it's happening way too much lately. any solutions or do i need to make an appointment with the genius. thanks

2. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

My 2nd exchange had this problem. I just went in to apple, told them AT&T swapped my sim card twice and I was still having an issue and they gave me another phone no problem. Just go in and replace it

3. obiegreg macrumors newbie

Mine 1st one had the same issue, happened the second day I had the phone, made a genius bar appt and the rep could not replicate the problem (reboot had fixed it initially). Went home things were fine for about 4 days, the shook the phone to shuffle while tunes were playing and got the message. Tried rebotting, reseating the SIMM, did not work. Second genius appt took the phone in the back and opened it said he "tightnend a couple of things" thought maybe bad contact with SIMM but offered an exchange. He told me I could do genius bar swap that day (can't ever exchange that device again) or go back on the priority list and wait for a new phone and then they would do a POS (point of sale) swap. Chose the latter have had the new phone for 5days.....so far so good.