iPhone 4 TomTom Car Kit?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by imac abuser, Jul 1, 2010.

1. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Hey all I have a kick butt iPhone 3GS TomTom car kit that I can no longer use! Anyone hear about a new one for iPhone 4? If so when I would love to get one. Just sucks I've only had the other one for a short time. By far the coolest cradle / gps unit out there...

Thanks
    Chris

2. Terry W macrumors member

I just put a short stack of business cards behind the phone. Annoying, but it works just fine.

3. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

To bad the dang thing won't fit in there with a case...

4. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

The ifrogz luxe lean case works (with the Tom Tom Velcro fix). It's my new favorite case. $25 at Best Buy.

5. Terry W macrumors member

Free Fix From Tomtom

All - just saw this on engadget.com - TomTom will send you a free "adapter" for the car kit that will permanently fix the iPhone 4 issue. Click on the "source" link at the bottom of the article (but above the comments) to go to the TomTom website.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/08/tomtom-offers-free-iphone-4-adapter-for-car-kit/

One word of caution - the jerks at TomTom took my registering up for the free adapter as a license to sign me up for TomTom spam mail. You will have to go through a process to unsubscribe from that later. Annoying to say the least.