iPhone 4 touch not working - looking at screen replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by profets, May 12, 2013.

1. profets macrumors 68040

Hi All,

I have an iPhone 4 with no warranty and the touch has stopped working on the screen. I've done full restores and updates but the touch (digitizer?) on the screen never works.

Going to try changing the screen - Just wondering if anyone knows if the screen replacing also has the digitizer as part of the assembly? The screen itself looks great, just the touch doesn't work.

Thinking of this: http://www.ifixit.com/iPhone-Parts/iPhone-4-Display-Assembly-GSM-ATT/IF182-003

Thanks!

2. applejuice99 macrumors member

Generally when you buy a new screen it comes with a new digitizer, but you will need to check the description of the place from which you are buying from.

3. annaharris macrumors member

It's an hardware problem, maybe your touch screen is damaged that's why it's not working. I have checked your link you can buy from there, but for the assembly part I suggest you to consult your nearest professional of it...

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

The 4 and 4S have a fused LCD/digitizer. Ifixit is a good site with quality screens however icracked.com is slightly cheaper, comes with tools and instructions. There are plenty of how to videos online, the replacement will take about an hour and you can do it yourself. If you can follow simple instructions. Do the work yourself. No need to "seek a professional". I have personally purchased from icracked and their screens work perfectly.

5. thehustleman macrumors 65816

This!

I've fixed a ton of them

6. profets thread starter macrumors 68040