iPhone 4 Touch Response erroneous

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by XboxMySocks, Apr 3, 2013.

1. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

I have a 32GB iPhone 4 (GSM) which has been dropped and the screen has been shattered. This is not a big deal, I can replace it, but I'm curious as to the fact that the touch screen working erratically now. Some presses do not register (it seems to go in bars, width-wise across the screen) and scrolling is only possible between the 'dead' zones. Is this something which will be fixed by replacing the display and digitiser? Or is this a motherboard issue?

2. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

Yes, that is the digitizer malfunctioning due to the drop. It is very common for there to be some dead spots on a digitizer after a break.

Replacing the LCD digitizer assembly will fix the problem right up :)

3. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

I was really hoping you'd come along mate! lmao :D Thanks for the +1, I was pretty sure it would fix it, but I didn't want to drop $50 on a front only for it not to work.

4. iRepairParts, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013

iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

Haha not a problem at all!

When you get the replacement screen in, be sure to test it for defects before you install it.

This can easily be done by removing the back glass cover, and removing the EMI Shield. This will expose the LCD flex cable and Digitizer Flex cable. You will then be able to attach the LCD and Digitizer flex cables from your new screen, power on your iPhone, and test the LCD and Touch sensitivity of your new screen.

I have attached a picture of the EMI Shield for your reference.

Attached Files:

5. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Oh wow that's awesome, I never even thought of that! Thank you, you're the best man! :D:eek: