iPhone 4 Trouble - Boot Loop / Failure To Restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Krafty, May 18, 2011.

1. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

My friend tried to jailbreak her phone and ****ed it up somehow (I dont know how, she claims she doesnt either, lets not get into it). Anyways, I'm trying to restore it but having some difficulties. I tried a few things already, including resetting SMC and changing ports and trying Windows:

- When the iPhone isn't on the "Connect to iTunes" screen, it constantly reboots.

- When I try to restore in normal/recovery, I got a 2001 error.

- When I try to restore in DFU, I get a 1611 error.

- Everytime it begins to restore, it reboots, and wont even start the process. I've tried on both Mac and Windows, but the iPhone wont stop restarting when attempting to restore.

- TU "Kick Out Of Recovery" does not work, just causes it to crash.

- Redsn0w boot tether doesnt work, just resets to Apple screen and either keeps booting or shows iTunes logo.

I'm trying to restore to 4.3.3

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

DFU mode is the way to go, error 1611 it is usually due to issues with a hardware/driver issue on the internal USB hub.

Trying different USB port usually sove this issue, but you said you already tried. Make sure you got the most recent version of iTunes (if you do, remove it and re download it and reinstall it).

Also, redownload the IPSW, make sure it is a fresh one.

Now to trick the Drivers...do the following.

1- Change the USB port the phone is plugged in to. Do not plug the phone back in yet.

2- Reboot the computer then plug the phone in and immediately restart the phone in DFU WHILE CONNECTED to the computer.

3- Hit restore.

That have been reported to work to solve issue with 1611 error.

Report back your result, good luck.

3. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

No dice. The problem is the iPhone. Everytime it attempts to restore it starts boot looping and I get the 1611 error.

Install 10.2.2 again, redownloaded 4.3.3, restarted, rebooted phone into different port and put into DFU, same thing when it tries to restore.

4. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

5. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

I did, same thing.

She said she used greepoison to jailbreak 4.2.1 but didnt even know what firmware she was running in the first place.

6. G0ldenDelicious, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011

G0ldenDelicious macrumors newbie

snowbreeze

I had the same issue I am pretty sure I know what caused the effect both times it happened to me. I decided to stay away from jailbreaking and just pay for stuff. ;o(

But to the point. The way I fixed this was...

Step 1 : Download snowbreeze the latest version. Which uses greenp0ison.

Step 2 : Get the latest iOS. Either 4.2.8 or 4.3.3 depending on you carrier.

Step 3 : Build jailbroken ipwl with snowbreeze. It is pretty self explanatory.

This is how I fixed the problem since I had jailbroken with this method.

Step 4 : Plug the phone that is boot looping into the pc.

Step 5 : If you are not already there get to the iReb part of snowbreeze ( the pwned dfu utility ). Which is also accessible from the menu at the top of the program gui ( so you don't have to build the ipwl everytime you need to go into pwned dfu state ).

Stay at the main screen of iReb ( the one with the Start button on it, that is telling you to shut the phone off ) while completing this next step.

You might not need all of this because your boot loop might be long enough to be able to power your phone off, mine however was not the loop was too fast to even power it off. But just in case.

Step 6 : Do a hard reset ( hold both sleep and home buttons until screen goes black and it shows only the apple ). Hold the sleep button until it says slide to power off. It is very important to do this immediately after the phone loads up. Now your phone should be off.

Step 7 : Hit Start and follow the on screen instructions. Your phone should now be in pwned dfu state and will not reset as you restore.

Step 8 : Open iTunes and complete the rest of the process then restore your phone to factory.

Sorry if the info is a little late but I am new on the iPhone scene just got my first one 2 weeks ago. Let me know how it works out.

Sorry about no links I am on my phone and don't feel like multitasking just do a google search.

7. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

About a month late but she took it to the Apple store and they gave her a new one.

Thanks anyways.

8. G0ldenDelicious macrumors newbie

Sorry

Yeah I kind of figured I would be late with that but in case it happens again there you go, if she continues running jailbroken iOS and gets very many packages off of cydia it will happen again. I went through it twice in 2 weeks.

9. G0ldenDelicious, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011

G0ldenDelicious macrumors newbie

Apple Store

I didn't think they did exchanges on jailbroken products?

10. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Considering they couldn't turn it on, I don't think the average genius would be able to tell that it had been jailbroken. :p

11. G0ldenDelicious macrumors newbie

Tracking Rumor

I understand what you are saying but a friend of mine who's girlfriend works at the apple store said they have an accessible database that stores all of the restoration verification information and they can tell exactly how many times you restored and with what firmware and also if the firmware was authentic or not just from the serial number. I don't know how true that is though. Apparently not as true as I thought unless there is an official bug in the iPhone 4 hardware and it was a no questions asked exchange I am going to look further into this. The tracking thing could just be some crap she told me to keep me from jailbreaking my phone.

12. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

Sounds fake to me. Elsewise, someone would have posted a horror story about it to /. and other news sites.