iPhone 4 *U.K.* on Vodafone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ruk110, Jul 22, 2010.

1. ruk110 macrumors regular

ruk110

just a quick question to see how people are getting on with the iPhone 4 in the U.K. on Vodafone? ive had mine for less than a week now and i have no reception issues or proximity sensor issues mine seems to be 100% !!

2. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

All good here had no problems whatsoever and the reception is much better than o2.

I grabbed the full cover insurance last week it's 12.99 a month but I think it's well worth it.

Everything is covered apart from leaving the phone somewhere yourself.

3. pault106 macrumors member

same here, mines been perfect so far......touch wood!!

4. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

How does the voicemail work on Vodafone? With no visual voicemail, do you just get a keypad and have to "press 2 to listen to messages" and so on like on other phones?

I'm considering moving from O2, but the lack of visual voicemail could be annoying.

5. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

I am on Vodafone. I have had a signal loss issue but not enough to drop a call. Also I have the proximity sensor issue. Not particularly worried though.

As for the voicemail you can always download Hullo Mail. It's supposed to be Visual voicemail but better. Personally i've not tried it yet.

6. KaPOWitsCHRIS macrumors 6502

KaPOWitsCHRIS

How long did it take for your phone to be activated on Vodafone? Had mine 1hr 30 mins now and it still says no service. I did get an iTunes Store error though when I was registering it.

7. se7eren macrumors newbie

8. leftyno9 macrumors regular

happy with mine here :)

anyone know when where ment to be getting the free bumper?

9. zeeflyboy macrumors regular

Very happy here, for me voda works better than O2 did.... better reception in more places and usually very good 3g speeds.

For those missing visual voicemail, Hullomail (search on the appstore, it's free) is brilliant and actually more useful to me than the visual voicemail was with o2, mainly because I can get voicemail emailed to me as well for when I'm abroad.

Not sure how a proximity sensor issue would be related to carrier though lol.

To the question about activation - pretty much instant for me. It was instant again when I did a full restore for 4.0.1 too. I would suggest you have a problem and might want to try again.

10. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

Hullomail is brilliant. I use it. Voice, data and email access to voicemails with unlimited storage when using your own mailbox.

I also have no problems with Vodafone.

11. alexph macrumors regular

I am on Vodafone as well

No issues with dropped calls anywhere

had problem with proximity sensor which I fixed by restore and set up as a New Phone, rather than install from my previous

Visual Voicemail not supppo:)rted by Vodafone

I have used Hullomail for a period but didn't find it offered any advantages so uninstalled it as I suspect they will be going to charging/advertising soon

12. JamesHP macrumors regular

I'm on Vodafone, had absolutely zero problems with them whatsoever. Good data network and I've only seen the signal issue once.

13. seb1987 macrumors member

i have the proximity have tried restoring from new still there, signal is poor i think it could be the handset, its poor with the bumper on aswell dropped a few calls in manchester, battery has been a bit dodge seeing a genius on sunday to hopefully get it fixed!!

14. Cue macrumors regular

Any news on when they will be available on PAYG? I can't remember if they said end of July or mid August when it first came out.

15. Fraaaa macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

I am a bit disappointed because on Vodafone I get less signal than O2 where I live(East London) and I read that other happend to have the same issue.

Beside that everything fine, no problems.