iPhone 4 UK insurance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arline, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Arline macrumors regular

Arline

Hi,

I would like to get insurance for my iPhone 4... I bought a Sim Free iPhone so I cant get my network provider's insurance..

I've seen many insurance websites but none of them sound really legitimate insurance companies.. I would want the insurance to cover thief and accidental damage.

Does anyone have any experience with 3rd party phone insurance companies?

Thanks ;)

2. bartelby macrumors Core

Do you have a premium type bank account, e.g lloyds gold?

Most of those have free phone insurance.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Do you have home contents insurance? Depending on your insurance adding a mobile is very cheap can't quite remember what I paid on my original iPhone was somewhere between £7-15 and it had the same level of coverage of any 3rd party phone insurance.

Well worth checking out but be sure to make sure the level of coverage is what you need.

4. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

I'm insured through Natwest, I have the Advantage Gold card and with that you get very good phone insurance

5. john_satc macrumors 6502

Was thinking about switching to this and ditching O2 £15 insurance. What is the excess like and how many claims can you put in each year? Does it include accidental damage?

6. Arline thread starter macrumors regular

Arline

I have a Lloyds TSB account but i've heard very bad things about their mobile insurance customer service ... Does anyone have any experience?

What about Barclays? I have their account as well.

7. Arline thread starter macrumors regular

Arline

Any experience with http://www.insurance2go.co.uk ??

Their price is really competitive, and they cover accidental damage/loss as well. There are very good reviews of them available online.

Anyone tried them before?