iPhone 4 - UK Insurance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by allaboutmusic, Jul 31, 2010.

1. allaboutmusic macrumors member

Hi guys,

First post from a longtime lurker. About to pull the trigger on an iPhone 4 on Vodafone in the next couple days (I have my PAC from O2 already).

I wanted to ask what UK iPhoners are using for insurance. Vodafone's own insurance is £12.99 a month, which is quite a bit more than I was paying to insure my 3G (£7.50 a month on O2 which I thought was bad enough) and I'm certain the excess is ridiculous. A quick Google search turns up all these other companies, but I don't know enough about them to comment on whether they are reliable.

Advice appreciated - thanks!

J

2. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

3. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Just go with vodafone that's what I have got. It may be a bit pricey but everything is covered and you wil have piece of mind.

Imagine you break your phone in contract, can you see yourself paying 500£ to get a new one?

4. allaboutmusic thread starter macrumors member

Probably the most helpful post I've seen in a long time. Now why didn't I think of that? I apologise for asking if the many iPhone users here might know of differently priced insurance alternatives to this option... I thought that was what a forum was for, but clearly I was wrong.

That's why I'm looking at getting insurance. It proved worth it with my old 3G when it flew out of my pocket as I was getting out of my car.

I will have to go with the Vodafone insurance if that's the only credible one, but if anyone else knows of alternatives I am interested to hear about them!

5. mvp2206 macrumors regular

mvp2206

I decided to get insurance via a Lloydstsb Silver bank account. It costs £7.95 a month but covers pretty much everything. Definitely a cheaper option compared to O2 and Vodafone, although a bit more hassle setting up!

6. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

I don't have an iPhone 4 but for all of my other gadgets and phones in the past I have used the bundled gadget cover with my bank account and then also had my house insurance as a back up. Maybe you should see if your bank account offers you some type of gadget cover, most seem to these days :)

7. sparkyms macrumors 65816

I pay 15 quid a month for my current account from barclays, which includes insurance for my mobile, card protection (fraud, stolen, loss) passport replacement, key replacement, breakdown cover and gives me an extended warrantee on anything I buy with my debit card. Might be worth looking into?

8. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

O2 have put up their prices to £15/m for the iPhone 4 now :confused:, shocking that they are charging that.

As for the best insurance, if you have Home Insurance, call them up to see if you can add a Contents Cover insurance for your phone, I called my Insurance Company and they added it on for just £1.20 a month, so it's less than £15 a year which is what O2 want in a year :eek:.

Worth checking that out for sure.

9. JadedBen macrumors regular

I use this too, only set it up last week infact! quite handy really and easy to setup, just phone 0800 994422, takes like 5 mins to setup. I guess this is only really an option if you're with barclays, but i assume other banks do somthing similar?

10. kopite19 macrumors regular

I pay £12.95 a month with Natwest but it covers accidental damage, malicious damage and theft for the iPhone so it's pretty much bullet-proof. Also get travel insurance, additional 12months warranty on other electricals, and full breakdown cover with home start. It's good value for that in my opinion.

11. Sebbett, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010

Sebbett macrumors newbie

Check special iphone 4 insurance from protectyourbubble.com...

Protectyourbubble.com offers great value iphone insurance and they issue you with a replacement phone within 48 hours of a successful claim.