- Oct 1, 2007
Get it!!!! Just came out
grow, grow ultrasn0w!
Were happy to tell you that our ultrasn0w carrier unlock now supports the iPhone4!
Version 1.0-1 of ultrasn0w works for:
iPhone4 baseband 01.59
3G/3GS basebands 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and 05.13.04
(If ultrasn0w doesnt show when you search Cydia, add the repo: repo666.ultrasn0w.com)
For comments or questions, please use the comments section below.
I have never unlocked before and I have a couple questions...Jailbroken iPhone 4
Modem Firmware 01.59.00
I have never unlocked before and I have a couple questions...
1. If I download ultrasn0w from Cydia will it automatically run and unlock the phone? Or will it put an app icon on my phone and wait for me to run it through that app?
2. In Cydia it says I still have a TSS request pending. I have tried TinyUmbrella but it won't save my blobs. I'm guessing that Cydia is the only chance for saving them and that request is still pending. Should I wait for my blobs to be saved before unlocking?
3. What happens if I don't save the blobs before unlocking?
4. Are the any downsides to unlocking?
5. Is unlocking totally reversible like jailbreaking is?
Thanks in advance,
4.1 also upgrades the baseband, which will break the ability to unlock with ultrasn0w. Even with SHSH blobs on file, you won't be able to downgrade the baseband. So you'll be able to jailbreak but not unlock.^^^^ There is a way to downgrade. Just by jailbreaking and opening Cydia, your SHSH blob should be saved for downgrading purposes in the future.