IPhone 4 ultrasn0w is out!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thadoggfather, Aug 3, 2010.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

2. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

The ultrasn0w unlock for iPhone 4 is now available in Cydia

[​IMG]

3. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Ultrasn0w SIM unlock for iPhone 4 now available!

@ultrasn0w

grow, grow ultrasn0w! DevTeam "ultrasn0w" now unlocks iPhone4. Available in Cydia (or, details at http://is.gd/e1BXz )

Go! :D

4. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Boom! Done! That was easy...now I need a SIM to confirm it worked. Guess I have to buy a prepaid TMobile phone?

5. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

From Dev-Team Blog

6. Finz151 macrumors member

Finz151

7. iPadztr macrumors 6502

Ty! Just need to confirm now.. Just need tmobile microsim or others hehe

8. mac&cheesey macrumors 6502

couple questions...

Jailbroken iPhone 4
    iOS 4.0.1
    Modem Firmware 01.59.00

I have never unlocked before and I have a couple questions...

1. If I download ultrasn0w from Cydia will it automatically run and unlock the phone? Or will it put an app icon on my phone and wait for me to run it through that app?

2. In Cydia it says I still have a TSS request pending. I have tried TinyUmbrella but it won't save my blobs. I'm guessing that Cydia is the only chance for saving them and that request is still pending. Should I wait for my blobs to be saved before unlocking?

3. What happens if I don't save the blobs before unlocking?

4. Are the any downsides to unlocking?

5. Is unlocking totally reversible like jailbreaking is?

Thanks in advance,
    m&c

9. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

You really don't need to unlock if you have no need to. Since you have never done it before, you probably won't need to unlock your phone.

So my suggestion to you is to ignore the unlock.

10. mac&cheesey macrumors 6502

unlock

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm thinking about travelling out of country though and the unlock would be helpful. I just want to have a more complete understanding of what I'm doing and if it's worth it for me.

Thanks,
    m&c

11. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

I have never unlocked before and I have a couple questions...

1. Not sure as I have no need for an unlock. From previous experiences it is very simple and straight forward.
    Edit: Here's a video on how it works: http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/04/iphone-4-unlock-is-now-available/#comments

2. You shouldn't have to wait to unlock. Just in the mean time if you see 4.1 on Itunes, Please avoid downloading it.

REPEAT: (DO NOT DOWNLOAD UNTIL NEW VERSION OF JAILBREAK AND UNLOCK IS CONFIRMED AND RELEASED FOR 4.1)

3. If you update your IOS to 4.1, you have to wait until there is a new jailbreak and unlock for 4.1. Also there would be no way to downgrade back to a previous IOS

4. None I can think of outside of being restricted to T-mobiles edge network in the US. (3G Signals are different)

5. Same method. Uninstall ultrasnow or restore

12. ZenoVT macrumors regular

^^^^ There is a way to downgrade. Just by jailbreaking and opening Cydia, your SHSH blob should be saved for downgrading purposes in the future.

13. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

4.1 also upgrades the baseband, which will break the ability to unlock with ultrasn0w. Even with SHSH blobs on file, you won't be able to downgrade the baseband. So you'll be able to jailbreak but not unlock.

14. bmms8 macrumors 68020

anyone who has tmobile, can you please confirm to me that facetime works without any problems on the phone? tia!