Iphone 4 unable to download pics to computer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lynall, Oct 22, 2010.

1. lynall macrumors newbie

Hi new here
    My phone is driving me around the bend:mad:
    Quite simply i cannot see the pics in Itunes so i can get them onto the computer
    I have spent hours on Google always the same answers
    Phone is brand new from O2 and the computer is old but running Xp and IE7 i think!
    For some reason i can load pics from the computer to the phone so i am pretty sure its something i have done as usual.
    Tried so far all from info on the web:-
    1, bought an external hard drive so all thats left on the computer itself is just enough to make it run ie all potentially corrupt pics and files are on the external drive
    2, restore the phone
    3, dump and reload i tunes
    When the phone syncs it comes in a box saying the backup is corrupt is this my fault ?
    Sorry so much waffle:p

Ta
    Lynall

2. OC513 macrumors 6502

you cant pull pics off your phone with iTunes....you need some type of photo software such as iPhoto or the Windows equivalent. Whatever you program you used in the past to take pics off other devices should work.

3. lynall thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply
    The computer can see my camera but it won't see my phone only I tunes recognises it as a device

Lynall

4. lynall thread starter macrumors newbie

Well b****r me its working talk about chuffed

Deleted all old pics from i phone no different just plugged it into computer with external drive unplugged and it worked fine, plugged external drive back in and all still seems okay.

So in a nutshell i havent a clue what i have done but it works

Lynall