iPhone 4 Uneven backlight

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NicktheNorse, Aug 30, 2010.

1. NicktheNorse macrumors member

Hello!

Got my iPhone 4 a few days ago and noticed right off bat that the top corners - about 2-3mm worth in both corners - were quite a bit brighter than the rest of the screen (ie, strong backlight bleed that is noticeable day to day, not just on a black screen).

Furthermore, the backlight progressively gets weaker towards the top of the screen (so the bottom appears overall brighter) and there is a slightly darker patch in the middle of the top 1/5 of the display.

It doesn't make anything illegible - it's just annoying. It's most visible on a white screen filled with back text. I'm not sure I'd be able to get a replacement - I bought mine at a mobile phone reseller here in Norway (no apple shops!) and Norway isn't exactly the land of liberal consumer rights.

Anyone else seen anything similar with theirs?

2. WilliamG macrumors 604

All iPhone 4s are darker right at the very top. I've used several of them and checked (family etc) to make sure. Your other issues are.. well.. I dunno. :)

3. guicane macrumors regular

guicane

I had this problem with my old 3GS and took it to the apple store, they have changed the screen, no questions asked and it's all good.

Surprisingly my iPhone 4 also has the same problem so I will take it soon to Apple to have it replaced.

4. BUFFBOY macrumors regular

5. Tvassil macrumors newbie

Same here!

Yes I have the same problem with my iPhone. I have a Verizon iPhone 16gb and the backlight balancing is poor. I can really see it in the top corners of the screen. If you hold your iPhone at an angle where u can barely see the screen, you'll see how much brighter it is in the corners. The worst is my top right corner. Also, do u guys see this microscopic little line particle inside the back camera, it will be within the glass lens. Look closely, maybe it's just me though.