Iphone 4 unlock question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ratatapa, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Ratatapa macrumors 6502a

Hi I know there is a sticky I read it but im not sure I understand it clearly so here is some questions

I followed this guide here

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4253

But it talks about IOS 4.2.1 FW. so here is my question

1) Can this work with 4.3.3 or older firmware but newer then 4.2.1?

2) If it work with other firmware then 4.2.1 can anyone confirm me then baseband needed for exemple 4.3.3

3) If I need to update the IOS on the Iphone before unlocking it. What program do I need to use to preserve the baseband IM on mac

4) on 4.3.3 will jailbreakme.com preserve the baseband?

Thanks and sorry for stupid questions

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

1. 4.3.3 can be unlocked with Ultrasn0w as long as you are running the 1.59.00 baseband.

2. I don't really understand the question. Only 1.59.00 can be unlocked with US.

3. Pwnagetool. Your baseband is only worth preserving if it's 1.59.00.

4. Why would jailbreakme change the baseband at all? It just jailbreaks the firmware that you're already running.

3. Ratatapa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok thanks I was asking because on the site it was saying multiple baseband that's why i was wondering

So unless the baseband is not at 1.59.00 It's not worth it or won,t work?

Thanks

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

the confusing part for somebody is the only I4 baseband is 1.59.00 you can use a Gevey sim if you need too. however right now looks like that may not work from 5.0 IOS on. also a better guide on a iclarified check this http://www.iclarified.com/unlock/

oh and jailbreakme has nothing to do with preserving baseband. Simply a real simple way to jailbreak Pwnage tools would be for preserving.

5. Ratatapa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh wow that<s awsome