Iphone 4 Unlock with Gevey

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Qoo, May 3, 2011.

1. Qoo macrumors 6502

Hello Folks,

I just received my Gevey Turbo Sim today, I have a question -

I am currently on AT&T now, I am trying to use the gevey turbo sim to unlock and use on T-Mobile, I will travel to Germany in the next month.

Do i need to purchase another gevey sim to use the german sim card or this one will work too, all i need just swap the sim and follow the instruction to do it again??

Your answer would be much appreciated!!

Thanks so much :p

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You don't need to order another sim. It works with different sim, all you need to do is to swap the sim. First, I thought it married to only 1 sim but I was wrong. I did test it with different sim and it worked.

3. Qoo thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks so much for your quick answer :D

4. Qoo thread starter macrumors 6502

I have another question regarding this unlock.

Can i use a inactivated sim card to do the unlock? or must be activated sim?

Thanks

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

the sim must be activated. If your sim is inactivate, how do you get signal or making a call?

6. Qoo thread starter macrumors 6502

Message well noted!!

Thanks a lot~~

7. pbateman macrumors 6502

This is why I have not bought a Gevey SIM card yet....I would be using a pre paid European card and those come inactive. It is not possible (from what I read) to activate the card with the Gevey in place so in other words I cannot use it...

8. Qoo thread starter macrumors 6502

If i am understand correctly, you only need to unlock once then you will be free to use any sim card right?

So you can use a activate sim card in the state then while you travel to other countries, just purchase the sim and insert with Gevey and should works.

If i am wrong please do correct me.

9. bbmiLo macrumors regular

Can't you activate the Euro SIM using another phone? For example, if you are buying the SIM at a store, they should be happy to activate it for you on the spot using their own phones.

10. bbmiLo macrumors regular

You have to do the unlock process with each different SIM card you use.

11. pbateman macrumors 6502

No because (at least the Euro pre paid SIM card I have) needs to be 'activated' every time you insert it into the phone. So even if I 'activate' it with another phone, once I take it out and put it in my phone, it needs to be 'activated' again. So basically you need to have a signal as soon as you put it into the phone which does not happen with the GEVEY until you do the whole on/off/dial thing and the Activation prompt disturbs the whole Gevey initial procedure...