iPhone 4 upgrade question?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stomachache, Oct 10, 2010.

1. stomachache macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I've had my iPhone 3G for about a year or so and I'm eligible for an upgrade. In 3 days I'll be getting an iPhone 4, but I'm curious as to if I'll still have to pay my bill for this month? I'm not breaking the contract, I'm simply upgrading. Thanks in advance.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Your account must be up-to-date (paid) before you are allowed to upgrade, otherwise your account will show that your not eligible for an upgrade at this time.

If you got your bill now, but its not due for another week, then your allowed to upgrade now without having to pay your bill. But if your bill was due last week, and you have not paid it yet, then you are not eligible for an upgrade until your account has been paid.

Log on to your account online (wireless.att.com) and check your upgrade status or call AT&T directly (#611) and asks them what your options are.