iphone 4 upgrade question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trungthiendo, Jun 13, 2010.

1. trungthiendo macrumors regular

I don't have an iphone on this current line i'm using but its upgrade eligible in 11/2010 does that mean i can upgrade to the iphone 4 on launch day? or is it only for current iphone users with upgrade eligibility in 2010?

if that's the case, can't i just put my sim into a borrowed iphone and txt *639# or whatever to get that message that other iphone users are getting if they are eligible?

2. randymoss macrumors newbie

I'm about to try the same thing

I lost my iphone 3g about 2 months ago and have been waiting for the new model to come out before upgrading. The whole thing is a mess and they should honor the fact that I had one for a year...

I'm on a blackberry right now and switched my data plan back to iphone data today, but when I went to get the iphone at bestbuy they wanted $399.

I'm getting my hands on an old iphone later today and put my SIM in and do the *369#. I will let you know how it goes. Hopefully they will actually hold my phone at bestbuy like they said...:confused:

3. randymoss macrumors newbie

update

I tried this by putting my SIM in 3gs. At&t said that since I didn't have continual service with Iphone that I did not qualify for the advanced upgrade. (switched to BB after I lost my 3g iphone 2 months ago)

I made a huge stink out of the issue and they sent a request to some specific department. They said I should be eligible by next tuesday:apple: