Iphone 4 upgrade to iphone 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by illidan155, Oct 15, 2011.

1. illidan155 macrumors member

Hello everyone

i was woundering if i should upgrade to the new iphone

here what my carrier offered me:

Renew the contract for 24 month and i get
    Iphone 4S 16 GB Free
    Iphone 4S 32 GB 99 €
    Iphone 4S 64 Gb 199 €

and i can sell my iphone 4 to a friend for 200 €

should i buy the new iphone or keep my current one and change the battery?

2. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

For those prices definitely upgrade, will get the 64gb since it will definitely be more valuable in the future

3. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

if you want to do it.. if not don't it is that simple,
    ask yourself do you need a better camera?
    it 720p enough?
    would u ming JB for siri?

Next year you are going to want the 5/6 which will likely be a redesign and will be stuck with the 4s...

4. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Think about the future. Its a minor upgrade compared to the next one (more than likely). I am just holding off untill the next one.

5. illidan155 thread starter macrumors member

thanks guys

i need to hear more about what you guys think

so please let me know what you think

Thanks

----------

up

6. Young Spade, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2011

Young Spade macrumors 68020

Why don't you watch videos and look at comparisons between the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4S to help you make a decision for yourself.

7. illidan155 thread starter macrumors member

I have already but i need to hear what you think guys

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If you go the 16GB route you get the new phone for free and clear 200 euros by selling your old phone to your friend. Seems like a no brainer to me.

9. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Well I've been using phone for over 24 hours straight now and I love it. Fast, responsive, no waiting, and no lag at all. Synching between applications from iTunes is automatic and there are a ton of great games.

Now im onu first iPhone, so my wxperience is going to differ from yours. Next year the iPhone 5 will be out and amazing, and if you plan on getting that you'll be disappointed that you have a whole year to go.

So yea; it comes down to the upgrade really. Is there anything worth saving it for? If not, get the 4S of you want to stay with Apple. If so, wait. Ice cream sandwich is being announced soon so it would be wise to at lease check that out before making a decision.

10. illidan155 thread starter macrumors member

why?

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

You get a new phone for free plus 200 euros when you sell your old phone to your friend.

12. illidan155 thread starter macrumors member

oh okay got what you mean

yes its true but i wont be able to buy the iphone 5 just the 5s or 6

13. det2004 macrumors 6502

I would upgrade since you will make money on the deal.

14. Jongo1, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

Jongo1 macrumors regular

heres my logic, but you have to stay by it for it to work. sell your iphone 4 to your friend for 200 hold on to that money and don't touch it, put it into a savings account to earn interest. Get the 16gb iPhone 4s for free. In a year when the iphone 5 comes out sell your iphone 4s for 250 € which you should realistically get for it if you keep it in good condition. Now if you didnt touch the 200 € your friend gave you a year from now. youll have 450 € from selling both phones (not including interest made) to spend on the iphone 5 when it comes out, and the way the new generation iphones are usually priced it should cost you €629.00 for the 16gb iphone 5 to buy it without a upgrade or new contract. Now that leaves you to spend only 179 euros for the iphone 5 without contract or upgrade, which in america is pretty much the same price if you were to get a new contract or upgrade because they dont give away free newest model iphones like your carrier. so you can go with that plan which is relatively simple.

Another plan if my currency rate calculations are correct is that you guys are paying 156 extra euros to buy the 16gb iphone 4s outright with no contract or upgrade then in america which only cost 473 euros with no contract instead of 629 euros.
    Now if this is the same for the iphone 5 then you have a nice arbitrage oppurtunity since most likely the iphone 5 will be a world phone and can use it on any carrier worldwide correct me if im wrong. you could buy a brand new iphone 5 from america, for about 473 euros for a 16gb model and all you'd have to spend was a mere 23 extra euros on top of the money you made from selling your iphone 4 and 4s to get the new iphone 5 without a new contract if you followed my plan correctly.

let me know if this is to hard to understand, ill try to make it simpler if i can

15. illidan155 thread starter macrumors member

hmm good point then i think ill go for the 4s